We spent three nights at this lodge. Kelly, Chad and Matt made our stay very special. Though I am sure that this was not caused by an accidental fact that we were the only guests there. The place is very new and the standard of accommodation goes beyond what you would expect from a tented camp. Since the camp is unfenced you have a feel of being in the wild nature without limits though unlike some other reviewers we did not see many wild animals visiting the site.
Chad and Matt are excellent trackers and indeed managed us to see the Big Five and much more. Needless to say that both guys took a burden and took us to a 10PM safari to watch a lion male appearing close to the camp.
The food was simple however absolutely excellent. And every night we had an unique opportunity to sit together with Kelly, Chad and Matt and have a very inspiring discussion about various topics concerning South Africa, its nature, politics and history. A real personal touch which you do not experience these days very often.
We will definitely come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- nThambo Tree Camp is a safari camp located in the Klaserie area of the Kruger Park. The camp offers daily morning and afternoon game drives to view the Big Five. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels and Booking.com so you can book your nThambo Tree Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nthambo Tree Camp Hotel Klaserie Private Game Reserve
- nThambo Tree Camp South Africa/Klaserie Private Game Reserve