“Gem in the bush!”
Review of nThambo Tree Camp

nThambo Tree Camp
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The highlight of our trip to South Africa was definitely the three days we spent at nThambo Tree Camp. The accommodations were exactly as represented on their website - beautiful rooms, the most delicious food, great wildlife (both game and birds) and especially the wonderful, knowledgable, generous staff. Kelly, Chad, Kevin and Isaac made our stay memorable and all too comfortable. We would highly recommend nThambo to anyone who wants a unique safari experience!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Liz T

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Nthambo is such a special special place. The staff are not staff they're friends. The accommodation is truly out of this world and the game viewing is spectacular. Can't wait to go back again and again and again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AlineScEd
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Once again we had an absolutely amazing time with the Nthambo team, great sightings, great food and many more memories, it has become our flavourite bush retreat, we will be back soon for our 5th visit, thanks guys you really made it an absolute pleasure again

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Shaun E
Reviewed 24 March 2014

What a trip, big 5 plus African wild cat inside 3 days! The staff, Kelly, Chad and Kevin made our stay, what great hosts.

The rooms were exactly on the money for a bush lodge with great beds and spectacular views.

This is one of Africa's special places.

We will be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MikeRalston
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I had a wonderful 2 night mid week stay at nThambo Tree Camp as part of a press trip. This was my 1st real bush experience and I found it to be unfussy and with unexpected touches of luxury. Chad & Kelly run the place as if it's their home so expect to be very, very comfortable.

It's an intimate resort and you can't possibly get any closer to the bush if you tried. The tree houses are my favourite - I loved laying in bed and taking in all the sounds. The rangers are great - and will answer any and all silly questions you may ask. Oh & did I mention we saw the big 5 over & over (even leopard - several times!).

W

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Wisaal A
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Just wanted to say that my stay at N'Thambo was Wonderful! Thanks to Isaac, the best tracker! And, thanks to Chad & Kevin for all the experience they shared with us! A special thought for Kelly who made our Valentine's day unforgettable.....
Can't wait to go back in the Bush!
Isabelle.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Isabelle G
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I just finished a memorable 3 night stay at nThambo. I'm a solo traveler and chose this based on reviews and the help of a lady Jacqui from lodge trackers.

What an amazing place and what wonderful staff!

I was a bit nervous to be staying at a small camp by myself. However, I'm never one to let that show and had a great time during the safaris, hanging out and especially during communal meal times. Everyone was so friendly. You really got to know the other people. We laughed, we drank, we fought of spiders!

Pros:
The chalets are awesome! I was really surprised. They actually look like they do on the website. Seriously. Pro Tip: Never leave your light on at night and go to dinner. I came back to like 100s of moths! blech!

Issac the tracker!
What an awesome guy. Really helpful, loves his job and just an all around cool dude. From bringing my bags to my chalet to getting off the jeep and walking off into the bush to help track an animal.

Kevin our ranger!
I have such a man-crush on him! He was amazing and so patient with us. He does these safaris so many times but when he took us out he was enthusiastic, patient and really sweet! It's amazing how knowledgeable he was not only about the animals but about plants too. Not to mention we came back from each ride limbs fully intact. Thanks Kevin, you were awesome and a true professional.

Chad, Kelly and the staff! you guys rock! Every morning, every evening, a smile on their faces and better yet, my glass of wine ready. Thanks guys! You really made the beginning of my trip to South Africa awesome.

Cons:
none.

What's more to say? It's a great place. Will you see ALL the big 5? Who knows. I didn't. I saw 3 of the 5. It's nature and it's unpredictable.

I'm hoping to convince my friends from NYC to make a trip out to South Africa and you be we will look at nThambo!

Room Tip: Bring your sense of adventure.