This is our second time to gomo having visited in October last year and this really is very special .
The location is amazing sat on a water hole where herds of elephant visit daily literally in some instances within touching distance.
The rooms are very clean and very much in keeping with the location with all rooms overlooking the water hole
The game drives are second to none with the rangers always aiming to please . Iwen was our ranger for the week and he could t do enough for us full of great information and his love of the animals and his job is clear to see.
In fact all the rangers are very knowledgeable and always friendly nothing is too much trouble .
If you have families then this is the place we have an 18 year old and an 11 year old and they love the place.
To say my 11 year old daughter is a fussy eater is an understatement but she loves the food it is all home cooked and fresh .
A previous review made reference to nibbles and drinks yes you do get asked what drinks you would like but it's not that difficult to say what you want to drink even if it's a choice of drinks so ignore that review.
At the heart of gomo gomo is the animals we saw all the big 5 and so much more it truly is a little gem we will be back.
Iwen and the whole team deserve much credit for making gomo have a true family appeal and make you feel like you are part of one big safari family .
We will be coming back and I can't recommend this highly enough cheers
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gomo Gomo Game Lodge is a private and intimate Lodge situated in the prestigious Klaserie Nature Reserve, Greater Kruger National Park, with a common unfenced border. Our traversing area is approximately 6000 hectares (14800 acres) of the reserve offering guests varied landscapes with an excellent possibility of coming face to face with the “ Big 5 “ (lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant and rhino) and numerous othermammals and bird species in their natural habitat.Early morning and late afternoon / evening game drives are conducted in open 4 X 4 Land Rovers with well qualified and experienced field guides and trackers who will ensure an exciting and informative safari. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, South African Hotels, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Gomo Gomo Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gomo Gomo Game Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Gomo Gomo Game Lodge South Africa/Klaserie Private Game Reserve