We arrived at Ngala by road transfer from Hoedspruit airport which was a comfortable hour+ drive. On arrival we were greeted by the ever-smiling 'Mama Connie' who ran us through all of our check in paperwork whilst we enjoyed a drink and cold towel. We met our butler Richard who showed us to our suite. The grounds are an oasis with warthogs drinking at the waterhole in the centre of the open grassed area. The public areas are lovely as you can see on the website, plush furnishings and plenty of places to sit back and relax. Unfortunately we didn't spend too much time chilling out as we spent alot of time out driving or eating! No complaints there as it was amazing. As mentioned in other reviews the food is fabulous. We were offered alternative menus for our boys but they chose to eat the main selection with us. We tried ostrich, springbok and kudu during our stay. Every meal was fabulous - it was hard to stop. All of the staff were amazing - friendly, helpful and experts at what they do. We were lucky to have the awesome team of Allyn and Fanny as our ranger and tracker. Allyn was brilliant at engaging each of us throughout the duration of our stay (4 nights) and he and Fanny worked hard to ensure we had an amazing time on safari. Their knowledge was mind blowing and we learnt so much in such a short time. We had incredible sightings and kept long lists on our ipad each night of what we had seen. Nothing was too much trouble - from finding a measuring spoon for some medicine to arranging dinner for the kids in our room after a long day...Ngala blew us away. I was hesitant to spend the money to stay here but it was worth every cent. We all loved our 4 night stay and were sad to leave. Massages are available in your room and I had a lovely one from the lovely Harmony. Kids were also taken into the kitchen one day to do some baking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The romance and mystery of Africa come alive in 20 thatched cottages tucked under a dense canopy of tamboti trees at Ngala Safari Lodge. Exuding classical safari charm, the spacious veranda, with its wonderfully comfortable armchairs, looks out onto a popular waterhole. For pure indulgence, the Safari Suite offers an elegant sitting room, private swimming pool and exclusive use of a safari vehicle. Mouth-watering meals are served in the shade of an enormous weeping boerbean tree, while a large swimming pool lies on the edge of thick riverine woodland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your andBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ngala Safari Hotel Ngala Private Game Reserve
- AndBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge Ngala Private Game Reserve, Kruger National Park, South Africa