My trip to South Africa – Cape Town, JoBurg and Timbavati was truly one of the BEST trips ever!
After lots of research I booked my safari with Travel Butlers based in the UK.
Anneli was very professional – she did everything for me re: the logistical side of things i.e. making sure I had enough time to transfer from one place to another – she’s amazing! I definitely recommend them! If it wasn’t for her I would have not ended up in heaven – NGALA.
When I arrived (late afternoon) Herbet greeted me with a drink to hand and a refresher cloth! After being introduced to my butler Vincent, he gave a tour of the place and I settled in for lunch – I was overwhelmed with the lunch they served (please note at this point a baboon randomly walked past me whilst I was eating my first meal – I have never been so scared but so excited to see wild animals strolling around freely)- believe me you are fed very well - you will never be hungry!!! – I remember I was by the pool and out of the blue – Vincent just appeared asking me what drink I wanted – the service is 7*…!!! They really do go all out for you!!!!
Before every game drive we had tea and coffee with cakes, biscuits and all sorts of nibbles and before my first one I was introduced to my ranger Ryno (THE BEST RANGER EVER.) The game drives were amazing – Ryno and his partner in crime Norman (tracker AKA Hawk eyes who can spot anything!!! I will always remember when he found a chameleon on a branch in the night!!!) They were seriously the DREAM TEAM - AMAZING – both very knowledgeable (I’ve learnt so much about animals and birds!) – and they really do try hard to locate as many as they can. I was SOOO LUCKY – I got to see the BIG 5 within 24 hours which included a leopard eating its kill. On every game drive, we stopped off half way for drinks and nibbles and on one occasion when we stopped, staff from Ngala were waiting with a mini BBQ (Braii) cooking away, I got to celebrate two Birthdays with different people and had champagne randomly in the bush (now how often can you say that?) one of my bush highlights was having the bush breakfast on my last day.
The rooms were beautifully decorated and the bathroom is just as beautiful – they were cleaned everyday – I’m sure even twice a day – I would leave for the morning drive and it will be cleaned up with the cushions placed on your bed– and when I’m back from the evening drive its cleaned up again ready for me to go to bed!
I would 110% recommend Ngala to all my friends and family….you will not be disappointed!!!!!! Am definitely going back!!!
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The romance and mystery of Africa come alive in 20 thatched cottages tucked under a dense canopy of tamboti trees at Ngala Safari Lodge. Exuding classical safari charm, the spacious veranda, with its wonderfully comfortable armchairs, looks out onto a popular waterhole. For pure indulgence, the Safari Suite offers an elegant sitting room, private swimming pool and exclusive use of a safari vehicle. Mouth-watering meals are served in the shade of an enormous weeping boerbean tree, while a large swimming pool lies on the edge of thick riverine woodland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your andBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ngala Safari Hotel Ngala Private Game Reserve
- AndBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge Ngala Private Game Reserve, Kruger National Park, South Africa