Ngala is a DREAM. The service there was the best we have ever seen anywhere! The welcoming staff - all of them - are genuine, warm and always smiling. Each family is 'assigned' a butler, tracker and ranger. So for us - Silence, Joseph and Rhett were the BEST companions for our stay of 3 nights there! Silence magically appeared to know what we wanted each time we went up for a meal. Joseph was an excellent tracker - do NOT know how he sees tracks when we are traveling and bumping through the bush!! And Rhett was just an amazingly happy, energetic, knowledgeable young man who loved what he did and shared a lot of info in a very entertaining way! If he did not know the answer - he found out and reported the next time we met!! Of COURSE we saw the big five and much much more on our drives. (6 drives in total). Do NOT miss or give up going on a drive. Just the experience of being out in the jungle and the little tidbits of knowledge are so worth it - never mind that you ALWAYS see exciting animals in their natural habitats. And Rhett focused on the whole kit and caboodle - animals, plants, ecology, fecal matter differentiation:-) It was amazing!!
The food was exceptional. There was a mid-drive snack/drink morning and evening and one morning there was even a pancake breakfast set up in the middle of the bush with a griddle and everything! Connie was a wonderful hostess and the cooks are AMAZING!
you CANNOT go wrong by going to Ngala~ I hope we get to go again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The romance and mystery of Africa come alive in 20 thatched cottages tucked under a dense canopy of tamboti trees at Ngala Safari Lodge. Exuding classical safari charm, the spacious veranda, with its wonderfully comfortable armchairs, looks out onto a popular waterhole. For pure indulgence, the Safari Suite offers an elegant sitting room, private swimming pool and exclusive use of a safari vehicle. Mouth-watering meals are served in the shade of an enormous weeping boerbean tree, while a large swimming pool lies on the edge of thick riverine woodland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your andBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ngala Safari Hotel Ngala Private Game Reserve
- AndBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge Ngala Private Game Reserve, Kruger National Park, South Africa