This lodge may not be as well-known as some others in various private reserves near Kruger but it is spectacularly serene and comfortable. The managers (husband and wife) are very hospitable, the food excellent, the ranger and tracker (Floris) (Lawrence) who drove us were unusually helpful. Come hell or high water they were going to show us the Big 5 and they did - several times. Our room was something out of a Ralph Lauren magazine spread. If the place weren't so far away we'd vacation there once a year.
Forget about "understated elegance". The place is elegant, restful and fascinating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jackalberry Lodge is a small, intimate establishment set deep in the Thornybush Nature Reserve, on the edge of the Kruger National Park. With just 7 rooms, all en-suite and tastefully furnished - you are guaranteed peace and tranquility during your stay. Locally sourced and expertly made meals are served outside under the stars, or pool-side depending on how you feel that day. Morning and evening game drives take you exploring in open vehicles with professional rangers and trackers, as you experience the abundance in wildlife, fauna and flora that that the African bush has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Jackalberry Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jackalberry Hotel Thornybush Private Game Reserve
- Jackalberry Lodge Thornybush Private Game Reserve, South Africa