This is was quite simply the best holiday i have ever had. The staff, the game drives, the food, the accomodation were all of the highest standard. Every effort is made for you, nothing is too much trouble and you can tell the staff take a very genuine pride in offering the best possible service. Erich, our ranger, was extremely knowledgeable and made such a fuss of my two sons that they will never forget this trip and are still talking about it 6 months later. I felt so comfortable, and so at home that i almost wanted to help clear the table after dinner; i don't think i could pay a greater compliment than that. If you are looking for pure luxury, wonderful game drives whilst at the same time being in such relaxed surroundings that you do "feel at home", then Shumbalala is for you. I have already booked my return trip next year!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It’s a vast, wild place where the lions roam at Shumbalala Game Lodge, deep in the Thornybush GameReserve, one of the country’s great tracts of untamed game-viewing.Set as it is in a dry, singeing savanna of Mopane, Acacias and Umbrella thorns, quartered by easterly-flowing rivers densely shrouded in giant figs, fever trees and phoenix palms, the land is an ancient tapestry of natural wonder.Over-head the Loeries call their sharp warning while horn-bills swoop in an ungainly ballet between trees whilst vultures elevate on thermals portending an electric storm.As you push on through the bush it is the serendipity of nature that amazes most as your vehicle skirts art deco zebra, dozy giraffe, bright eyed bush babies, wildebeest (made, it is said, by the committee of left-over parts) and the rest Africa has to offer.It is even more of an adventure when you stumble upon a leopard lazing in the V of a Jackalberry tree or; a hyena giving you a lazy yellow eye in the gathering dusk; a majestic bull elephant crashing its way through the riverine thicket in search of sweet reeds or; a surprise sunrise encounter with a lion pride on the prowl.This is the world of Shumbalala. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Shumbalala Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shumbalala Game Hotel Thornybush Private Game Reserve
- Shumbalala Game Lodge Thornybush Private Game Reserve, South Africa