My wife and I visited Chapungu and stayed for 3 days, what a wonderful experience. We saw all of the Big 5 during our stay and we managed to see a pride of lions on a kill. Our driver followed a cheetah as it stalked its prey and we were lucky enough to witness the cheetah dragging its kill up a tree and settle down for a rest.
The management of the Camp were ever so helpful and made our stay something special
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chapungu Tented Bush Camp sits at the heart of the Thornybush Private Game Reserve. With only 8 rooms, you are guaranteed peace and solitude, deep in the African bush, while still enjoying the comforts a luxury lodge offers. Tastefully furnished in old world colonial splendour, in a style and class of a bygone era, Chapungu offers guests private and exclusive accommodation in comfortable, air-conditioned en-suite safari tents . Dinners are usually enjoyed outside in the Boma where all tastes and preferences are catered for. Settle around a log fire to recount the days’ game experiences before retiring to the lounge for a night-cap, or the comfort of your tent. Morning and evening game drives in open safari vehicles with your ranger and tracker, ensure close and unrestricted encounters with the wildlife. Our passionate team will make sure that your experience in the African bush, is one to remember. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, South African Hotels and Ebookers so you can book your Chapungu Tented Bush Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chapungu Camp Hotel Thornybush Private Game Reserve
- Chapungu Tented Bush Camp Thornybush Private Game Reserve, South Africa