We LOVED this lodge. We stayed at 3 different ones while in SA and this was our favorite. Staying in a tent so you can hear the animals at night is quite and experience. We saw most of the big five the first day and picked up the final one, elephants (a whole herd) while we were there. The staff was wonderful and "real" not overly patronizing but just friendly and sweet. The food was the best, Bobodie I loved! We had an elephant walk right through the camp and the resident Nyalas were ever present. The game drives were spectacular, it totally exceeded our expectations.
GREAT trip, I can't wait to go back
Jack and Sheri
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the Thornybush Nature Reserve the nostalgic guest will find Chapungu Tented Bush Camp. Tastefully furnished in old world colonial splendour, in a style and class of a bygone era. Eight comfortable air-conditioned en-suite tents offer private and exclusive accommodation. Boma dinners are an occasion and an opportunity to select a bottle from the stock of fine wines and to savour the finest fare. Settle around a log fire to recount the days’ game experiences before retiring to the lounge for a night-cap, or the comfort of your tent. Our passion for hospitality and the excitement of dawn and dusk safaris in an open safari vehicle, ensuring close and unrestricted encounters with the wild. The more adventurous are encouraged to join an experienced game ranger on a walk as he interprets and discusses Africa's footprint. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, South African Hotels and Odigeo so you can book your Chapungu Tented Bush Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chapungu Camp Hotel Thornybush Private Game Reserve
- Chapungu Tented Bush Camp Thornybush Private Game Reserve, South Africa