We stayed here for 4 nights as part of our honeymoon trip round South Africa. When we arrived you could immediately tell the place was special. Straight away the relaxed feel and calm ambiance of the place settled us in, and we were positive about the coming days. Sure enough we were right. Micah 'best driver' and Derrick 'Magic Man Tracker' were our guides and they really set the experience to another level. They were funny, caring but above all knowledgeable. They knew exactly what they were doing at all times, and to see the animals in the wild with them was truly an experience we will never forget. The facilities at Chapungu too are unbelievable. The tents are genuinely luxurious. Beds are massive, bathrooms are spacious and clean, 2 visits from the maids each day keeps the place tidy. The food too was UNBELIEVABLE! I often worry, after previous experiences of all inclusive food packages, that food will be poor or more commonly sparse. However here there was more than enough. I sincerely hope what wasn't eaten didn't go to waste! And the quality too is exceptional.
Staff, amenities, facilities, it was all perfect. The trip was a once in a lifetime for us so accommodation HAD to be perfect in our eyes, and Chapungu really lived up to the bill. However one tiny minor thing was the ponchos - if you do get a slightest shower on the game drive then they are next to useless. I was assured that this matter will be rectified though, so with that, i would recommend the place to anyone
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the Thornybush Nature Reserve the nostalgic guest will find Chapungu Tented Bush Camp. Tastefully furnished in old world colonial splendour, in a style and class of a bygone era. Eight comfortable air-conditioned en-suite tents offer private and exclusive accommodation. Boma dinners are an occasion and an opportunity to select a bottle from the stock of fine wines and to savour the finest fare. Settle around a log fire to recount the days’ game experiences before retiring to the lounge for a night-cap, or the comfort of your tent. Our passion for hospitality and the excitement of dawn and dusk safaris in an open safari vehicle, ensuring close and unrestricted encounters with the wild. The more adventurous are encouraged to join an experienced game ranger on a walk as he interprets and discusses Africa's footprint. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and South African Hotels so you can book your Chapungu Tented Bush Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chapungu Camp Hotel Thornybush Private Game Reserve
- Chapungu Tented Bush Camp Thornybush Private Game Reserve, South Africa