Our family stayed at the Simbavati Lodge for 4 nights in March, 2012. It was perfect. The staff was accommodating and professional, but not cloying. We saw amazing wildlife. Our guide, Chris and spotter, Daniel were knowledgeable, effective and fun to be with. They worked hard to get us to the animals. The accommodations were lovely. Comfortable and luxurious without pretension. Excellent food, as well. Also, the Simbavati is located on the water, so during our "down" time there were plenty of opportunities to see wildlife. We would go back in a heartbeat. Well managed and even the gift shop had a lovely selection of African crafts. We would definitely return to this gem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simbavati River Lodge is situated in the northern sector of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, and surrounded by 12 000 hectares of wildlife and rich wilderness in which you can experience an authentic and affordable African safari.The design of this 4-star lodge is contemporary, warm and welcoming. Guest common areas offer a generously proportioned lounge, bar, boma and extensive decks with breathtaking views overlooking the Nhlaralumi river where regular wildlife sightings take place and guests can unwind.Accommodation consists of eight luxury tents and three chalets; all are privately situated, comfortably furnished and with en-suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Simbavati River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simbavati River Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Simbavati River Lodge South Africa/Kruger National Park