I've been to Timbavati numerous times in the past. I love this reserve for the numberous lions and leopards as well as excellent sightings of other wildlife. This was my first stay at Simbavati River Lodge. I was with a party of 8 staying 5 days, 4 nights and we had 4 tented rooms ... but don't let the term 'tent' fool you. Hardwood floors, concrete walled baths, large tub and also a shower, air conditioning and heating as well as large porches. The lodge has a new head chef and the meals were simply fantastic. Fellow travelers referenced food options and availability as "better than on a cruise". We used two guides, Christof and Jimmy. Both were excellent at both finding game and sharing information about the bush. Our group consisted of photographers and we had several special requests. All were accommodated with a smile by lodge management. This was an excellent stay for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simbavati River Lodge is situated in the northern sector of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, and surrounded by 12 000 hectares of wildlife and rich wilderness in which you can experience an authentic and affordable African safari.The design of this 4-star lodge is contemporary, warm and welcoming. Guest common areas offer a generously proportioned lounge, bar, boma and extensive decks with breathtaking views overlooking the Nhlaralumi river where regular wildlife sightings take place and guests can unwind.Accommodation consists of eight luxury tents and three chalets; all are privately situated, comfortably furnished and with en-suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Simbavati River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simbavati River Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Simbavati River Lodge South Africa/Kruger National Park