We stayed three nights at the Lodge........the food was outstanding with Chef Ryan spoiling us with some wonderful creations - puds were so yum! Chocolate Fondant and Lemon Meringue to die for! The safari's were amazing - Chief Ranger/Guide Def looked after us and each safari had a memorable moment .......leopards playing like kittens, rhino bedding down for the night in a sandy nook in the river bank - huffing and puffing away at each other! The 4 male lions of the Jacaranda pride snoring and twitching in their sleep metres away.............The tents were very comfortable - loved the electric blankets! Outdoor showers were a bit chilly in the cool airs of morning but certainly woke you up. Great shop. All the staff were most helpful. Only downside........having to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simbavati River Lodge is situated in the northern sector of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, and surrounded by 12 000 hectares of wildlife and rich wilderness in which you can experience an authentic and affordable African safari.The design of this 4-star lodge is contemporary, warm and welcoming. Guest common areas offer a generously proportioned lounge, bar, boma and extensive decks with breathtaking views overlooking the Nhlaralumi river where regular wildlife sightings take place and guests can unwind.Accommodation consists of eight luxury tents and three chalets; all are privately situated, comfortably furnished and with en-suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Simbavati River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simbavati River Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Simbavati River Lodge South Africa/Kruger National Park