As a traveler that has been a fair few places I must say that my headline is no understatement. We stayed here as part of a G adventures tour and it was an amazing experience. We stayed in the luxury tents which had all the amenities of a modern hotel but also provided such features as an outdoor shower, heated beds, universal power adapters, a reasonably priced minibar and staff that were unbelievable. Upon entry we were greeted and given a basket to make our stay more enjoyable as the staff showed us personally to our rooms. Added bonus was reliable wifi in the lobby areas.
We also took 3 game drives with Simbavati and it was an unbelievable experience. All of my family actually enjoyed these game drives more than Kruger. The guides were very knowledgeable and provided a great, safe experience with the animals.
The food was also very nice and unique every night of our staff. In the luxury tents you can actually hear all the animals around you at night. The tents are all separated so privacy is ensured as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simbavati River Lodge is situated in the northern sector of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, and surrounded by 12 000 hectares of wildlife and rich wilderness in which you can experience an authentic and affordable African safari.The design of this 4-star lodge is contemporary, warm and welcoming. Guest common areas offer a generously proportioned lounge, bar, boma and extensive decks with breathtaking views overlooking the Nhlaralumi river where regular wildlife sightings take place and guests can unwind.Accommodation consists of eight luxury tents and three chalets; all are privately situated, comfortably furnished and with en-suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Simbavati River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simbavati River Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Simbavati River Lodge South Africa/Kruger National Park