This is an excellent location adjacent to Kruger National Park. We stayed in the luxury tents (with private bath and balcony) and the amenities were excellent. The schedule kept us busy, but not too rushed - early morning game drive starts at 6:15; return to lodge and breakfast around 9:30; rest and relaxation time until 2:30, then lunch; afternoon/evening game drive around 3:30; back to lodge around 7, followed by dinner at 8ish. Our guide and tracker were fabulous! They were so knowledgeable, friendly and could spot animals that I wouldn't see in a million years! I couldn't recommend this lodge and safari experience enough! You can't go wrong with Simbavati!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simbavati River Lodge is situated in the northern sector of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, and surrounded by 12 000 hectares of wildlife and rich wilderness in which you can experience an authentic and affordable African safari.The design of this 4-star lodge is contemporary, warm and welcoming. Guest common areas offer a generously proportioned lounge, bar, boma and extensive decks with breathtaking views overlooking the Nhlaralumi river where regular wildlife sightings take place and guests can unwind.Accommodation consists of eight luxury tents and three chalets; all are privately situated, comfortably furnished and with en-suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Simbavati River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simbavati River Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Simbavati River Lodge South Africa/Kruger National Park