I organised a trip with my wife, parents and in-laws to South Africa with Shindzela as our last stop. The location is wonderfully isolated ( a good hour away from Tarmac) but the camp is comfortable and welcoming. The staff are wonderful and the food plentiful. Highlights for me were watching the two trackers jump off their vehicles and track a group of lionesses on foot and an afternoon spent sitting on the veranda with a cold beer watching a large herd of elephant drinking and playing at the waterhole only 50 metres away. Heaven...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shindzela is an authentic tented bush camp situated in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, greater Kruger National Park. The camp accommodates a maximum of 16 guests and is unfenced, making it very much part of the wilderness. Shindzela is not built by an award winning architect, nor is it furnished by an interior designer. What you will find though, is a comfy bed, freshly laundered linen, and décor from local crafters and artists. Shindzela is a comfortable/rustic tented bush camp, where you can relax, enjoy our warm hospitality and immerse yourself in the African wilderness. We love our informal, relaxed atmosphere. Each safari tent is built on wooden decks, and has their own en-suite shower/toilet and hand basin. The camp also has a swimming pool and overlooks our little watering hole, from where you can watch animals come down to drink. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Shindzela Tented Safari Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shindzela Tented Safari Camp Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Shindzela Tented Safari Camp South Africa/Kruger National Park