Shindzela is the place you go and plan your return while you're still there. It's a refreshing experience to find yourself amidst the wildest bush of Africa and know that you're being taken care of. Upon arrival a family of elephants took a stroll through camp, if only to remind me that I have arrived in their territory.
I got lucky and saw all the big boys (lions, rhinos, buffalo, oh my!), but it was the little things that really made me fall in love with Shindzela. From Sam's passionate trail blazing, to safari stories told fireside, to a sunset beer at the water hole, and ending each night falling asleep to the giggling hyenas outside my door, Shindzela creates a safe and rustic home in the wild for all visitors. The safari on foot left me catching my breath both because there's nothing like a brisk sunrise hike through the bush, but even more breathless because you never know what animal is lurking beyond the next baobab. And I'll forever be in awe of the sharp eye of all our guides who can spot a fresh lion pup foot print from a mile away.
My room was cozy and comfortable, and made complete with my nighttime hot water bottle from Gertie. The food is fabulous and company of staff is unbeatable.
Shindzela gives you an authentic and rustic safari experience that I recommend for families, couples, and the adventurous solo traveler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shindzela is an authentic tented bush camp situated in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, greater Kruger National Park. The camp accommodates a maximum of 16 guests and is unfenced, making it very much part of the wilderness. Shindzela is not built by an award winning architect, nor is it furnished by an interior designer. What you will find though, is a comfy bed, freshly laundered linen, and décor from local crafters and artists. Shindzela is a comfortable/rustic tented bush camp, where you can relax, enjoy our warm hospitality and immerse yourself in the African wilderness. We love our informal, relaxed atmosphere. Each safari tent is built on wooden decks, and has their own en-suite shower/toilet and hand basin. The camp also has a swimming pool and overlooks our little watering hole, from where you can watch animals come down to drink. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Shindzela Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shindzela Tented Safari Camp Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Shindzela Tented Camp South Africa/Kruger National Park