We had an amazing time at Shindzela. It was our first introduction to the South African bush, and it was truly amazing. The small size of the camp makes for an intimate experience, and you have a chance to meet and make friends with the guides, as well as other guests from around the world. We stayed at Shindzela for 2 nights, and that was not long enough!
The tents are extremely comfortable, providing everything you need. We loved the outdoor shower, and the hot water bottle warming the bed at night was such a lovely extra touch! The food was delicious - homemade, and plenty of it. Breakfast was a huge selection of cold and hot items, and dinner was homemade soup, bread, wonderful main dishes, salads, vegetables, and divine desserts. And wildlife strolls past the camp as you are enjoying dinner or a glass of South African wine by the fire....truly awesome!
Our guide, Eugene, and tracker, Guyane (spelling?) were outstanding. They were a great team, and their knowledge and skill resulted in some extremely close encounters with wildlife. We saw lions on a recent kill, got very close to elephants, hyenas, giraffe, you name it. Eugene was so friendly and personable, and was able to answer all kinds of questions and curiosities about the wildlife and ecosystem. We really enjoyed our time with Eugene!
The overall experience and atmosphere at Shindzela was exactly what we were looking for, and better. If you are looking for a rustic, yet comfortable, true bush experience, this is your place. We are already taking about going back in the future, and staying more than 2 nights!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shindzela is an authentic tented bush camp situated in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, greater Kruger National Park. The camp accommodates a maximum of 16 guests and is unfenced, making it very much part of the wilderness. Shindzela is not built by an award winning architect, nor is it furnished by an interior designer. What you will find though, is a comfy bed, freshly laundered linen, and décor from local crafters and artists. Shindzela is a comfortable/rustic tented bush camp, where you can relax, enjoy our warm hospitality and immerse yourself in the African wilderness. We love our informal, relaxed atmosphere. Each safari tent is built on wooden decks, and has their own en-suite shower/toilet and hand basin. The camp also has a swimming pool and overlooks our little watering hole, from where you can watch animals come down to drink. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Shindzela Tented Safari Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shindzela Tented Safari Camp Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Shindzela Tented Safari Camp South Africa/Kruger National Park