After going to Shindzela at the beginning of the year and having a great time, we promised ourselves that we would go again before the summer rains. Well what a great time we had! We were only 2 couples in camp during our stay and had the privilage of being able to whatch a buffalo being eating by hyenas and vultures. What an experance!!!
Nothing was too much for our guide, Mark and tracker, Roul. They were very entertaining, and kept us busy during our stay!
There was nothing better than coming "home" to a great home cooked meal prepared by Gertie after a long drive looking for game!!!!
Will be going back soon!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shindzela is an authentic tented bush camp situated in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, greater Kruger National Park. The camp accommodates a maximum of 16 guests and is unfenced, making it very much part of the wilderness. Shindzela is not built by an award winning architect, nor is it furnished by an interior designer. What you will find though, is a comfy bed, freshly laundered linen, and décor from local crafters and artists. Shindzela is a comfortable/rustic tented bush camp, where you can relax, enjoy our warm hospitality and immerse yourself in the African wilderness. We love our informal, relaxed atmosphere. Each safari tent is built on wooden decks, and has their own en-suite shower/toilet and hand basin. The camp also has a swimming pool and overlooks our little watering hole, from where you can watch animals come down to drink. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Shindzela Tented Safari Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shindzela Tented Safari Camp Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Shindzela Tented Safari Camp South Africa/Kruger National Park