There were four of us who travelled to Kambaku after a business trip in Pretoria. We were met with the most wonderful welcome. Lunch was waiting for us and the staff immediately felt like family. We were had the entire lodge to ourselves for 2 out of the 3 nights. It was great. The chalets were beautiful and modern. Bryce, Nicola, Van and Erik were incredibly accomodating. Van and Erik made sure we saw every animal we wanted to see (the Big 5)-including the beautiful white lions. It is amazing how attune Erik is with the scents and tracks of the animals. One morning I said I would like to see a rhino and Erik found rhino tracks. We followed them and saw the biggest male rhino. It was amazing. We saw a giraffe kill by the "Giraffe Pride" (which includes the white lions) and Van took us back for 3 days in a row so we could witness the circle of life. The lions ate first, then hyenas and then vultures. It was amazing. I celebrated my birthday while at Kambaku and they surprised me with a homeade chocolate cake! The food was gourmet quality and everyone was so accomodating. This was my second safari and most favorite. I will definitely travel back to Kambaku and would suggest anyone who reads these reviews to do so as well. Dont' bother looking at any other lodge. Kambaku is 40 minutes from the airport and has everything you want in a safari plus the exceptional hospitality. It really is like a 4 star resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kambaku Safari Lodge is nestled in the heart of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, which can be found within the world renowned Greater Kruger National Park.The camp is well situated in this unspoilt natural wilderness area, home to an astonishing array of animals including the Big 5. Kambaku provides the ultimate escape from busy schedules, with eight well appointed thatched chalets overlooking our own private waterhole.Attracting guests from around the world, Kambaku offers superior standards in all of our facilities yet always maintaining a high level of environmental consciousness. Our dedicated staff will cater to the individual needs of our guests making for a truly memorable stay. With scrumptious bush cuisine in a relaxed, rustic setting our guests can truly unwind and immerse themselves in the restorative powers of nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Expedia, South African Hotels and Agoda so you can book your Kambaku Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kambaku Safari Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Kambaku Safari Lodge South Africa/Kruger National Park