An incredible place. The staff were fantastic, especially David, the manager. Not only is he passionate about his work, but he is a genuinely honest, hard working, knowledgeable host. Big thumbs up to our guide / driver (Ginger) and tracker, (Robert). Absolutely loved the accommodation, even although the huts are definitely not designed for tall people ;-) And remember, this place is rustic, no electricity or internet. On top of all that, the food was outstanding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Umlani Bushcamp, a rustic yet exclusive lodge, accommodates guests in cozy en-suite reed and thatch rondavels. Early morning and evening game drives are in open four wheel drive vehicles accompanied by experienced rangers and trackers offers exceptional game viewing opportunitys. Umlani makes the whole event personalized and specializes in escorted walks into this unspoiled wilderness. Umlani, meaning Place of Rest, was established in 1990 by Marco and Marie-Louise Schiess, in the central section of the Timbavati Nature Reserve, which is part of the greater Kruger National Park. Umlani is the perfect nature lovers choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Umlani Bushcamp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Umlani Bushcamp Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Umlani Bushcamp South Africa/Kruger National Park