June Umlani-- GREAT memories. From the minute we arrived, we were greeted and our bags taken to our rooms. Each room is a separate, private oasis of comfort and relaxation. It is an awesome authentic S African stay. We were called by drums to lunch, which was gourmet, healthy and diverse dishes were served to accommodate all dietary needs and likes. Beverages of every kind were offered and served on the patio overlooking the wildlife area. Once we ate, we could go back to our rondavel or private hut to shower or sleep or read or chill and chat. The pool was beautiful and had inviting natural lounge chairs and even a hammock hung nearby. Later in the afternoon we were taken by open air Land Rovers on bush drives and we saw all 5 of the "Big 5"-- amazing driving by Shaddy and our seeker Robert spotted everything. We drove up under a dead impala in a tree and saw the leopard who caught it, hanging out in the creek nearby drinking. As our driver Shaddy backed up the Land Rover, a hyena was creeping around seeing if he might get to steal the leopard's impala... intense! After seeing everything from Cape Buffalo to Elephant to Leopard to Rhino to Lion to Jackal to Duikers, and Baboons, we were taken back to drinks and a bonfire followed by a wonderful dinner. Once complete, we could stay by the fire and chat with the other guests or be escorted back to our rooms. The escort is important because you never know when a Cape Buffalo or Lion will decide to saunter through the area. Someone had set up our beds with beautiful mosquito netting and lit our lanterns to enjoy our room. Solar heated showers (plenty of warm water) in your enclosed room but under an open sky with complete running water sinks and toilets were wonderful to get refreshed before bed. Soooo comfortable! Even extra blankets were spread out at our beds on the cooler evenings. A+++ Umlani-- and thanks David--our favorite "Brit in the Bush" for making our stay so exciting and comfortable...all at once! You are the best and we hope to return some time soon!! Everyone should have the opportunity to go here! Land at Hoedspruit airport and you are a quick 30ish minutes away, so you can rent a car or hire a driver and enjoy the Best of Kruger!! Katie, Doug-- as well as college-kids - Scott & Lauren
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Umlani Bushcamp, a rustic yet exclusive lodge, accommodates guests in cozy en-suite reed and thatch rondavels. Early morning and evening game drives are in open four wheel drive vehicles accompanied by experienced rangers and trackers offers exceptional game viewing opportunitys. Umlani makes the whole event personalized and specializes in escorted walks into this unspoiled wilderness. Umlani, meaning Place of Rest, was established in 1990 by Marco and Marie-Louise Schiess, in the central section of the Timbavati Nature Reserve, which is part of the greater Kruger National Park. Umlani is the perfect nature lovers choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Umlani Bushcamp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Umlani Bushcamp Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Umlani Bushcamp South Africa/Kruger National Park