Umlani was a wonderful experience and a must do for anyone thinking of going to Africa. It combines a true rustic natural feel with comfort.
The accommodation was a wonderful experience. The food is excellent and the camp itself is truly memorable.
David, the host, has an infectious enthusiasm for the area and has a remarkable story of how he got there. Be sure to ask him when you're there.
The rangers and trackers are truly amazing people with a wealth of knowledge and a keen eye for spotting the animals on the twice daily safaris.
If you want the real taste of Africa, then you really should go here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Umlani Bushcamp, a rustic yet exclusive lodge, accommodates guests in cozy en-suite reed and thatch rondavels. Early morning and evening game drives are in open four wheel drive vehicles accompanied by experienced rangers and trackers offers exceptional game viewing opportunitys. Umlani makes the whole event personalized and specializes in escorted walks into this unspoiled wilderness. Umlani, meaning Place of Rest, was established in 1990 by Marco and Marie-Louise Schiess, in the central section of the Timbavati Nature Reserve, which is part of the greater Kruger National Park. Umlani is the perfect nature lovers choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Umlani Bushcamp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Umlani Bushcamp Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Umlani Bushcamp South Africa/Kruger National Park