If you want the real feeling of experiencing what South Africa has to offer, this is it! Immersed in the wildlife habitat around you, you're left with no electricity, campfires, good drinks and all around peacefulness. My first time here to South Africa in may 2011 was definitely one I will remember. We saw the big five, had great safaris throughout the day and truly felt "alive". I started missing South Africa and hadn't even left yet! Now, two years later, I'm ready for round two at Umlani. Truly a hidden treasure in the bush. Except, watch out for geckos in your rooms! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Umlani Bushcamp, a rustic yet exclusive lodge, accommodates guests in cozy en-suite reed and thatch rondavels. Early morning and evening game drives are in open four wheel drive vehicles accompanied by experienced rangers and trackers offers exceptional game viewing opportunitys. Umlani makes the whole event personalized and specializes in escorted walks into this unspoiled wilderness. Umlani, meaning Place of Rest, was established in 1990 by Marco and Marie-Louise Schiess, in the central section of the Timbavati Nature Reserve, which is part of the greater Kruger National Park. Umlani is the perfect nature lovers choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Umlani Bushcamp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Umlani Bushcamp Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Umlani Bushcamp South Africa/Kruger National Park