Our family of 3 (us +15 yr old daughter) spent 3 nights @ Umlani as part of a Peregrine Tour. As we were the only people on our tour we were glad to have the fantastic people and atmosphere of Umlani. We saw so many animals and birds on the 6 game drives, ranger Ginger and tracker Hendrick were fearless letting no tree or bush get in the Rover's way when in pursuit of such animals as Wild dogs, leopard, rhino etc The highlight of the adventure was spending the night in the Treehouse. We saw a male leopard on the way to the Treehouse but there was not much around all night. A little daunted at the prospect of being so high and without a loo, I decided to spend a few hours and then get picked up and return to camp. In the morning, spotlighting still didnt show much and I decided that I just "had to go", it was at this time that Kira pointed out the leopard at the bottom of the ladder to the treehouse. Not surprisingly I forgot about anything else but spotlighting the beautiful creature below us, hoping he didnt feel like climbing the tree! Great excitment and our own private close up experience with him. We loved Umlani, staff excellent, food terrific and environment wonderful, hardly any mozzies either. Hoping to return another time soon. Loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Umlani Bushcamp, a rustic yet exclusive lodge, accommodates guests in cozy en-suite reed and thatch rondavels. Early morning and evening game drives are in open four wheel drive vehicles accompanied by experienced rangers and trackers offers exceptional game viewing opportunitys. Umlani makes the whole event personalized and specializes in escorted walks into this unspoiled wilderness. Umlani, meaning Place of Rest, was established in 1990 by Marco and Marie-Louise Schiess, in the central section of the Timbavati Nature Reserve, which is part of the greater Kruger National Park. Umlani is the perfect nature lovers choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Umlani Bushcamp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Umlani Bushcamp Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Umlani Bushcamp South Africa/Kruger National Park