Kings Camp was a great way to end our holiday in South Africa. The service is efficient and understated and the accommodation was superb. This is one of the few places where the website photos don't deceive. The accommodation is better than the photos. There service is very personalised, with all staff knowing each guest's name.
The game drives were great. Elvis our tracker and Remember our ranger, went out of their way to ensure we saw as many animals as possible. Kings Camp offers a very elegant and relaxed experience. You are woken at 5:00 am for the morning game drive and have breakfast on return. After a leisurely lunch, the evening drive commences at 4:00 pm followed by dinner after 8:00 pm. The food is superb. The mini-bar is well-stocked and the lodge has a great library, pool, gymnasium and bar. There is also a beauty spa. The evening game drives have drinks and snacks and there is a cocktail waiting on your return. Each room, apart from a stocked bar also has tea, coffee, biscuits, sherry and fresh fruit, and every second night the bath is filled so that you can relax after the evening game drive. After 4 nights of luxury, I found it difficult to return to the real world.
The furnishing of each room are of a high quality and are peaceful and secluded. The beds are comfortable with a selection of pillows. The lodge has its own waterhole, which is frequently visited by the wildlife. Overall a wonderful place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, Kings Camp reflects the charm and romance of a colonial past in a pristine corner of unspoilt Africa. Kings Camp is situated facing an open savanna plain with a waterhole, which is frequented by a wide variety of wildlife, day and night.Eleven generously spacious colonial suites are luxuriously equipped with air-conditioning, Victorian ball-and-claw bath, indoor and outdoor double shower, fully stocked mini-bar and private verandah. Dark tones of wood and thatch offset the natural colours of the bushveld. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, South African Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Kings Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kings Camp Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Kings Camp South Africa/Kruger National Park