Having been meaning to write this review for quite sometime now the time is right to share details of the most wonderful safari experience my wife & I could ever have imagined for. Motswari will always hold a special place in our hearts as it was the place where my wife and I (or girlfriend at the time!) got engaged at the appropriately named “Lovers Leap”. All the staff made us feel very special from the moment we entered Motswari and for anyone looking for the classic, slight more upmarket, safari experience we would not hesitate in recommending Motswari as providing just that experience. The high standard of the rooms, to the quality of the food (we still remember the homemade milk tart made by “Amazing Grace” as if it was yesterday…although our stay was over a year and a half ago now!) and most importantly the superb game viewing (aided by our superb guide & tracker) left us extremely satisfied and with fond memories of our time spent in the Timbavati!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open to the Kruger National Park and playing host to Africa's Big Five is Motswari Private Game Reserve. One of South Africa's jewels nestled within the Timbavati Nature Reserve, this family-owned and operated four-star luxury safari lodge prides itself on its warm atmosphere and luxurious accommodation.The name Motswari means "to conserve and protect" in Tswana and the owners have held the name to be a promise to each of their future friends who arrive to share in the splendour of an African sunset at this vintage bush lodge.The 150 square kilometres that make up the reserve are part of the greater Kruger Park and guests will be treated to wildlife in their natural habitats as part of their unforgettable experience of Southern Africa. Ideally situated and exclusive, Motswari Private Game Reserve holds the best of everything for the traveller to the untamed majesty that is Africa.If you’re looking for a relaxed atmosphere, peaceful communion with nature and a private experience on a traditional African game farm, this holiday location is for you!Morning and evening game drives in open Land Rovers with professional field guides and trackersMid morning bush walks * Safari walks in lieu of morning game drives guided by armed field guidesOvernight bush hiking and camping sleep-out experience for groups of 4 with experienced guides*Hide sleep-outs in the Motswari Game Reserve*Swimming pool*Boma & bush dinners*Pre-lunch safari interest talks*Curio shop at Motswari Game Lodge*Brunch, high tea (late lunch) and dinner*Library and Art Gallery with 24-hour internet facility at Motswari Game Lodge*Fully equipped air-conditioned conference room for 20 delegates at Motswari Game Lodge*An additional vehicle plus guide can be arranged for an extra cost per day and covers 2 game drives per day ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Motswari Private Game Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motswari Private Game Reserve Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Motswari Private Game Reserve South Africa/Kruger National Park