“Walking with Rhinos”

Motswari Private Game Reserve
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and had a wonderful time during our stay. We were allocated the Elephant bungalow and had impala and various other animals running around close to us which was lovely. The room itself was beautifully decorated and the attention to detail was fantastic, from the power sockets enclosed in an unobtrusive leather box on the desk to the latest edition of the magazines provided for our enjoyment.

We had the pleasure of driving with Shadrack and Petro who were absolutely brilliant and amazed us constantly with their tracking skills. The highlight of our trip was when we walked down to the riverbed and managed to get within 10 meters of 6 jostling rhinos, something that I will remember for the rest of my life and I will most certainly be back to visit next year!

Room Tip: Ask for elephant, is a bit further away from the dining room but the views are wonderful and there i...
3  Thank Andrea B
DAVID K, General Manager at Motswari Private Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review - I am delighted that Shadrack and Petro were able to provide such fantastic memories!!

I will make sure they and the whole team see your kind words.

Very Best wishes from us all and we hope to see you back here one day soon!

There are newer reviews for Motswari Private Game Reserve

Reviewed 1 June 2014

What a wonderful place! We have memories for a lifetime, seeing all the Big 5 except a leopard (missed by a day). We had great guides (Richard and Tiyani). No fences, the animals roam free into and out of Kruger. The room was great and very comfortable. The food and wine were outstanding. Highly recommended!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chad H
DAVID K, General Manager at Motswari Private Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you so much for the fantastic review - I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us!!

I hope to welcome you back on day soon.

Best Regards from the whole Motswari family.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I spent three nights her with my mother and sister and we all loved it. The staff bend over backwards for you. We had Marka and Eric as our ranger and tracker and those guys were awesome. The knowledge they have about the animals and the park was incredible. We learned so much from them. The food was also good. I will be back for sure!

Room Tip: The Roan room as a spectacular view and you can even pick up wireless internet from that room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nate A
DAVID K, General Manager at Motswari Private Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Motswari - I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us!

I will make sure that Marka and Eric see your kind words and we all hope to welcome you back one day soon!

Very Best Regards from the whole Motswari family.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Motswari absolutely blew my mind. This was the most incredible experience I have ever had. There is not a bad thing I can say about motswari. The staff are incredible, absolutely second to none. They are so friendly and helpful, nothing is too much for them, they completely fulfill their moto at motswari "arrive as a guest, leave as a friend" after 6 nights there I truely felt like part of the family, I just about cried when it was time to leave.

Food-insane!!!!!!! Best chefs ever and so much heart and tradition put into every meal, we didn't have a bad meal there!

This place is just absolutely unreal, we had the best guides, Shadrack and Tiyani. We saw more animals than we had even dreamed or hoped of seeing. They took every opportunity to make our dreams come true.

I cannot recommend motswari enough to people looking at doing a safari. I love love love this place and will be returning in the near future x

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Kirsty_Matt
DAVID K, General Manager at Motswari Private Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

What an amazing review!! Thank you so much for these kind words - I am delighted and will make sure that Shadrack, Tiyani and the whole team see this as soon as possible.

I hope to see you back at Motswari one day soon!!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Motswari is far and away the best of the many game lodges available. . Impeccable staff.. Expert guides and trackers for the ultimate in game drives. 5-star food.. Simple but elegant and fully equipped accomodations. Meticulous and stunning decor.

This was my 3rd visit to South Africa and the 'bush', and the 3 days and nights I spent here were not enough. I hated to leave, and will positively return..

Room Tip: Each lodge is named for an animal and they are all excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Joyce L

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Motswari Joyce - I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and that the team looked after you so well in my absence!

I hope to see you back at Motswari one day soon!

Very Best Regards from the whole Motswari family.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Only disappointment is that I had only booked here for two nights. Food was excellent, location was gorgeous and the game drives amazing. No faults at all here - all the staff were friendly and service was impeccable. Rooms were very comfortable but I didn't spend much time in it since I ended up sitting outside enjoying the view. When giraffes are the lunch time entertainment, you know you are at the right place. Our game drives were amazing getting us up close to the big 5 in no time. Can't say enough about my stay, I just wish it was longer.

1  Thank Lynda & Neil H
DAVID K, General Manager at Motswari Private Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

I am so glad to hear that you would have liked more time at Motswari!! We really appreciate the review and I am delighted that everything is so positive!

I hope to welcome you back to Motswari one day soon!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We arranged a two days stay through a travel agent in Cape Town and their recommendation proved to be true. A very nice lodge with very good service and safary tours. the meals were excellent as well.

1  Thank Levy R

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review - I am delighted that you enjoyed your time at Motswari and I hope to welcome you back here one day soon!

David

#7 of 17 in Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
Tanda Tula Safari Camp
Tanda Tula Safari Camp
#2 of 17 in Timbavati Private Nature Reserve

Been to Motswari Private Game Reserve? Share your experiences!