Having had a fabulous 3 days at Motswari last year we decided to book for 6 nights this time. We were a little apprehensive that a second visit would not match our first amazing experience but there was no need to have had any concerns.
From our welcome on arrival until our departure nothing was too much trouble. All the staff are very friendly and go out of their way to ensure you enjoy your stay. The food is incredible and self restraint is required to ensure that you don't return several pounds heavier! I would like to say a special thank you for accommodating my dislike of cheese. The kitchen staff kindly prepared "cheese free" versions of dishes for me which were delicious.
Our room was giraffe and we often found little monkeys peeping in the windows at us much to my daughter's delight! The room was kept spotlessly clean throughout our stay. The beds were extremely comfortable and the bathroom was luxurious.
The drives were amazing. Our guide Chad and tracker Eric ensured that we saw the " big five" as well as lots of other animals. Seeing the leopard with its kill in the tree surrounded by hyena was memorable and a testament to the tenacity and skill of Chad and Eric. Another highlight was hearing the lionesses roaring and following one until she met with her sisters then watching as they tried to outwit impala. We will never forget that deep deep roar and the responses that followed. We also were privileged to have the opportunity to walk into the rhinos, an unforgettable experience. Throughout the drives Chad gave excellent information on what we were seeing ensuring that we have returned with a much greater understanding of the environment. Eric was also keen to share his experiences and expertise and contributed greatly to our enjoyment.
The evening meal sat under the stars in the boma with fires blazing in braziers to keep us warm finished each day in a magical way. Sharing a table with other visitors with whom you also share a vehicle develops a sense of camaraderie and shared experience.
The whole experience was truly amazing and we are already planning our return next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open to the Kruger National Park and playing host to Africa's Big Five is Motswari Private Game Reserve. One of South Africa's jewels nestled within the Timbavati Nature Reserve, this family-owned and operated four-star luxury safari lodge prides itself on its warm atmosphere and luxurious accommodation.The name Motswari means "to conserve and protect" in Tswana and the owners have held the name to be a promise to each of their future friends who arrive to share in the splendour of an African sunset at this vintage bush lodge.The 150 square kilometres that make up the reserve are part of the greater Kruger Park and guests will be treated to wildlife in their natural habitats as part of their unforgettable experience of Southern Africa. Ideally situated and exclusive, Motswari Private Game Reserve holds the best of everything for the traveller to the untamed majesty that is Africa.If you’re looking for a relaxed atmosphere, peaceful communion with nature and a private experience on a traditional African game farm, this holiday location is for you!Morning and evening game drives in open Land Rovers with professional field guides and trackersMid morning bush walks * Safari walks in lieu of morning game drives guided by armed field guidesOvernight bush hiking and camping sleep-out experience for groups of 4 with experienced guides*Hide sleep-outs in the Motswari Game Reserve*Swimming pool*Boma & bush dinners*Pre-lunch safari interest talks*Curio shop at Motswari Game Lodge*Brunch, high tea (late lunch) and dinner*Library and Art Gallery with 24-hour internet facility at Motswari Game Lodge*Fully equipped air-conditioned conference room for 20 delegates at Motswari Game Lodge*An additional vehicle plus guide can be arranged for an extra cost per day and covers 2 game drives per day ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Motswari Private Game Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motswari Private Game Reserve Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Motswari Private Game Reserve South Africa/Kruger National Park