Motswari was one of the best experiences I’ve ever had. From the moment my husband and I arrived, we knew we had made the right choice in lodges (from all the overwhelming choices). The property is beautiful with a main lodge where drinks are available and “tea” (lunch) is served. It has a great view of a river and the pool. There’s also an open breakfast lodge and computer lodge for sitting/reading/surfing.
Our room was Lion and we loved it! Beautiful combination of antiques, comfortable furniture and African influences. The bathroom had a nice shower and a large tub. Both offered views of the bush where we often saw Impala. The bed was so comfortable and lovely.
We were given a very friendly welcome by Dave, the General Manager, and he would check in to see how things were going during our stay. All the staff were so welcoming and attentive but not intrusive. Always someone around to assist with what you wanted.
The food was fabulous!! Breakfast, tea (lunch) and dinner were all delicious and well prepared and presented. We ate several nights in the Boma which was so amazing. A large fire surrounded by lovely tables, great food and wine. One night was set up outside on the lawn with lots of candles and it was enchanting.
Our game drives were incredible and we saw the big 5. Our ranger did a fantastic job of locating the animals we wanted to see and getting us the best sitings possible. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our drives!
I highly recommend Motswari for your stay. Everything about our 4 night stay was perfect!! Just make sure you book enough nights as you will not want to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open to the Kruger National Park and playing host to Africa's Big Five is Motswari Private Game Reserve. One of South Africa's jewels nestled within the Timbavati Nature Reserve, this family-owned and operated four-star luxury safari lodge prides itself on its warm atmosphere and luxurious accommodation.The name Motswari means "to conserve and protect" in Tswana and the owners have held the name to be a promise to each of their future friends who arrive to share in the splendour of an African sunset at this vintage bush lodge.The 150 square kilometres that make up the reserve are part of the greater Kruger Park and guests will be treated to wildlife in their natural habitats as part of their unforgettable experience of Southern Africa. Ideally situated and exclusive, Motswari Private Game Reserve holds the best of everything for the traveller to the untamed majesty that is Africa.If you’re looking for a relaxed atmosphere, peaceful communion with nature and a private experience on a traditional African game farm, this holiday location is for you!Morning and evening game drives in open Land Rovers with professional field guides and trackersMid morning bush walks * Safari walks in lieu of morning game drives guided by armed field guidesOvernight bush hiking and camping sleep-out experience for groups of 4 with experienced guides*Hide sleep-outs in the Motswari Game Reserve*Swimming pool*Boma & bush dinners*Pre-lunch safari interest talks*Curio shop at Motswari Game Lodge*Brunch, high tea (late lunch) and dinner*Library and Art Gallery with 24-hour internet facility at Motswari Game Lodge*Fully equipped air-conditioned conference room for 20 delegates at Motswari Game Lodge*An additional vehicle plus guide can be arranged for an extra cost per day and covers 2 game drives per day ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Motswari Private Game Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motswari Private Game Reserve Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Motswari Private Game Reserve South Africa/Kruger National Park