Kwandwe is truly an exceptional place. The service is incomparable, the game drives excellent, and the food rather good as well. The main lodge is a wonderful place to gather, dine, or just relax and read a book and opens to the outdoors situated high above the Great Fish River. There are only a few units in the lodge and with the way the events are timed, you feel as though you are on you own private safari. The individual rooms are spacious, nicely decorated, and very private. Plenty of game in the reserve including the big cats, and if you are lucky, you might even spot a leopard or two. Management is focused on guests safety both around the lodge and on the drives. It was was never an issue for us. Breakfasts and lunch are amazing. Dinners are not quite so good, but all is included. The ranger and tracker assigned to us were outstanding. This is a heavenly place with amazing vistas only two hours from Port Elizabeth. The only complaint I could find was that they had difficulty making a martini. But, hey, that is something we all can live without for a couple of days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This founding lodge with only 9 privately situated suites features a classic-contemporary style of simple elegance that embraces the lodge's splendid setting high up on a steep bank overlooking the Great Fish River. The colour scheme comprises a calm and natural palette of earthy tones, from khaki browns to charcoal greys.Pewter and glass add an effortless yet understated glamour to the furnishings; artefacts such as ostrich eggshells, hides and horns create subtle points of interest and relevance to the lodge's surrounds, whilst natural linens and plenty of texture preserve its simple but sophisticated atmosphere.Watch majestic kudu meander down to the river from the Lodge's expansive viewing decks, or observe playful Cape clawless otters swimming in the cool waters below from the comfort of your private balcony. Suites are spacious and feature en-suite bathrooms, indoor and outdoor showers, personal in-room bars and private decks with plunge pools overlooking the vast reserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Kwandwe Great Fish River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kwandwe Great Fish River Hotel Kwandwe Private Game Reserve
- Kwandwe Great Fish River Lodge South Africa/Kwandwe Private Game Reserve