Went there on a business weekend away and while the setting was stunning I was sorely disappointed with the utter lack of service and poor attitude which accompanied it. At least the main events (dinner at the boma / other function venue) went well but the finer points relating to service were dismal. The check in went smoothly but we struggled to find the reception which was tucked away in a corner and there was not a soul in sight to ask. Our room was half ready when we arrived (checked in around 16h00) We fetched our own water which was left on the balcony outside the room. I arranged a shuttle to pick me up to take me to the "spa", which arrived 10 minutes late and hooted at me when he arrived to pick me up. When I arrived at the "spa", once again, there was not a soul in sight to welcome me. I made myself a cup of tea and sat at the haphazardly arranged table and chairs on the deck for 30 minutes before someone appeared from the treatment rooms. At no time was I offered anything to drink and no water was made available. When I asked if a shuttle could pick me up I was met with a blank stare and was told to use my cellphone to make the call as they don't have a phone and didn't know who to call. For the price they charge it is daylight robbery. On the same day my husband was informed that he should collect his own balls off the driving range if he wanted to make use of it (this was around 11am). Colleagues requested irons and were given the run around for up to 3 hours before finally going to fetch it themselves at reception. Not a place I would recommend or want to return to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Legend Golf and Safari Resort is situated within the Entabeni Safari Conservancy in the malaria-free Waterberg Region of the Limpopo Province of South Africa, just a 35 minute flight or a two and a half hour drive from Johannesburg. This new resort is setting new standards in exclusivity and tranquility and reflects the rich cultural legacy of this ancient part of Africa. The Legend Golf & Safari Resort consists of an exceptional and unique 18-hole Signature Course, a luxury estate and many other facilities, situated on a Big 5 Game Reserve in the heart of the African bush. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Legend Golf and Safari Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legend Golf And Safari Hotel Mokopane
- Legend Golf And Safari Resort South Africa/Entabeni Game Reserve