Wildside Camp
Entabeni Safari Conservancy(Entabeni Game Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$158
  • Breakfast included
Legend Golf and Safari Resort(Entabeni Game Reserve)
US$152
US$75
Shangri-La Country Hotel & Spa(Modimolle (Nylstroom))(Great Value!)
US$57
US$49
Agoda.com
US$99
Sondela Nature Reserve Accommodation(Bela Bela)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$123
  • Pool
Ravineside Lodge(Entabeni Game Reserve)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Ranger Camp(Entabeni Game Reserve)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsluxury tentsthe reservegame driveselectric blanketsnice bathroomwould love to go backstayed dayslounge barluxury familylion cubsceiling fanwide varietylodge areawild ricewent the extra milethe wi fibush trip
Reviewed 2 September 2010

4 of us travelled to SA for the World Cup Football and this was an add-on. We organised this at the last minute with the Travelling Butlers and was happy to find every went to plan.
When we arrived at night they had dinner ( always a Buffet) organised for us and turned on the electric blankets in our luxury tent. Really was no tent, it was great, Comfy, warm beds and good shower, more like a hut. The camp is not fenced so we had a staff member escort us to our tents/huts. Were told not to leave until we got the all Ok in the morning, 6am. Of course we didn't !
I am not a morning person and only got up at this time because of the rest of our small group and thought I would sleep in the next day. Well after the morning Safari I was hooked, I was the first up every morning and the first in the Jeep for the afternoon safari. We stayed 4 days and did every safari. I am now an animal planet junky. Our Driver Michael was the best and being fun loving Australians found out he really was in charge (so we let him think).
To sum it all up the Safari's were so, so amazing, our guide/ranger even better, the accommodation good and the food nothing to rave about but after experiences the lions, Rhino, Cheetah, Hippo, elephants and many many more right next to your jeep, who cares about 5 star food. the exhilaration of it all along with the good wine, well who could want for more. I would recommend this to anyone. Must say the transfers from Johannesburg were very pricey but I think if you want hassle free then book them. A guest we meet , decided to drive himself and got lost for hours, not a good thing in Africa.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Neish
Reviewed 17 April 2010

What a place, we have never been so spoilt in our lives. The camp is immaculate as are the staff and particularly our Ranger, Kyle. Such a genuine and knowledgable young man. Set in the spectacular Waterburg this reserve certainly gives you a taste of South Africa from the luxury tented accomodation to the possible sighting of the big five. Only unfortunately we did not get to see leopard or buffalo on this occassion. Food excellent as was the company of those we meet. Highly recommended and set in a malaria free area.
There are no fences on the camp which makes it interesting! with the sight of animals within the camp area. While we were there baboons and giraffe (mother and baby) were sighted and lions heard just behind one of the tents on their way to a kill later that morning!! Then there were the game drives, early morning and late afternoon which were both exciting, tracking lion prints to find the pride and educational with our ranger explaining the flora and fauna.
We were their for 5 nights and never got bored, every day/rdrive was different.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robin057
Reviewed 12 February 2010

We just stayed 2 nights in Wildside Camp (Legend Lodges) in Entabeni and absolutely loved every minute of it.
We took a transfer from Johannesburg, which is quite expensive but worth it.
On arriving in Wildside we had the first of many delicious meals - lunch is served in the open restaurant. Fruit, salads, meat, desert and all fresh and beautiful. At 16 hrs our ranger came to pick us up and we had our first gamedrive. Saw so many animals (elephants, giraffes, impala, rhino's, cheetahs and many more). At the end of the drive we stopped at a lovely place and had some wine and snacks. On arriving back in the camp dinner is served (lovely again). Wine comes at extremely good prices for us Europeans! After dinner we sat in the boma with a campfire. Next morning at 5.30 is wake up time and after a quick coffee we went for our second game drive, after which we had breakfast. We had lunch at a great picknick spot just a little drive away and after that the second game drive of that day. Next morning our last game drive and then after breakfast back to Johannesburg.
The tents are little houses on poles with canvas sides - good beds, large bathroom. There's a veranda outside. We really felt this was our little home in the bush. Staff is ever so friendly, it is all hygienic and beautifull. The view of the mountains from the camp is just lovely. Food is really good.
We loved our trip to Entabeni!!

Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank rozeballetje
Reviewed 30 June 2009

We stayed at Wildside for three nights and i would definitely recommend it.
The camp is set in the huge Entabeni game reserve which has all the big five plus many more.
Our accomodation was lovely - big, plush 'tents' which totally blend in to the scenary and are very relaxing. Our ranger Michael was great at locating the animals and our favourite moments were drives when we saw lions having just made a kill and hunted down a rhino and her baby in the pitch black.
Food was good, and fairly basic - stews, braai's etc and it was really nice to sit down with your group at night and have a chat. We were lucky to have nice people in our group, though I guess if you didnt like the people in yours you are stuck with them the whole week!
The park itself is beautiful, stunning - the problem being because of the animals you cant go out for a walk. I felt a little 'stuck' in the camp at times though I guess this is probably the same on all safaris.
It was absolutely freezing cold when we were there - and the rangers said it was some of the coldest weather they had experienced. I wouldnt really recommend going in winter as it is uncomfortably cold when you are driving round outdoors for three hours in an open vehicle however we were provided with blankets.
Very much recommended.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank louise42c
Reviewed 28 September 2007

After 3 days at entabeni I was in Love! The place was spectacular.
We arrived after a 3 hour drive from Johannesburg in our little hire car, bless it!
We were shown to our beautiful tent on stilts, it was a rather posh tent to say the least, better than I was expecting. Wooden floors & thatched roof just tented sides, wooden stable door. Totally perfect for two girls in their thirties on a weekend away without the boys!
We met our totally cool ranger (Phillip) after a yummy lunch, the food was really good and plenty of choice even for my veggie mate. Anyway our game drives were magical. I have been on a week long safari in Kenya and it was just a beautiful and the animals just as stunning. I was in my element. I felt that we got slightly closer to the animals here as our vehicle was more open than the land crusier we had in Kenya. But this was by far more exciting. It made the night drive so much fun. One night we were having some G & Ts as the sun went down when we heard the roaring & barking noise of the lions. They were on the hunt & heading our way. It was so cool to hear them all around us roaring. It was sooo loud. They also ventured into the camp one night but we were so out of it that we slept through.
We saw everything apart from Leopard & Hyena. we even saw Jackal which I had not seen in Kenya & a Mongoose. I think the night we came across the elephants totally by surprise was the best night ever! I jumped out of my skin, I mean how can such a big animal travel so quietly is what I want to know.
Yes the Ranger was perfect, he took us on a private bush walk one afternoon, we learnt so much and had a good laugh. The food was lovely and the camp fire at night was a lovely touch. All the drinks & hot drinks you could want. The tents were so warm considering how bloody cold it was outside.
I give it ten out of ten. I wish I was there now, boo hoo.
GO GO GO its rude not to.
All of the other lodges looked spectacular as well but we preffered to be on the WILDSIDE!

x