“Perfect stay”

Madikwe Safari Lodge
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Our stay at the Madikwe Safari Lodge was superb. The staff was so friendly and couldn't do enough for us. The food was fantastic. The cabin was more than we could have imagined. Spacious with an amazing view. Our guide was "Lucky" and he was excellent. We had lots of fun on our drives and got to see everything we wanted to see. The highlight was the elephants at their watering hole. I could have watched them all day.

3  Thank 1Sailorgal

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Thank you Lion World for including the amazing Madikwe wildlife preserve and safari lodge in our itinerary. Quite honestly, I didn't want to leave! The entire staff was friendly & accommodating, the chef excellent and prepared extra vegetarian options without being asked, and our "cabin" was absolutely one of the most beautiful places I've ever stayed while traveling. Every cabin ensures privacy and an expansive view of the bush. Our guide (JP) was phenomenal -- I've taken several trips with Lindblad Expeditions in the past, so my bar is set pretty high. He was one of the best naturalists/guides I've had the pleasure of learning from -- knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and truly has the best interests of the wildlife in mind. Thank you for an amazing safari experience!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Our stay at Madikwe Safari Lodge, arranged through Lion World Travel, was fantastic. It was a blend of the elegance of the lodge and accommodations with superb game viewing. Our ranger, JP, was knowledgeable, responsive to our desires, and so passionate about the animals. That wonderful outdoor adventure -- and seeing the Big Five, coupled with the excellent food, service and accommodations that the lodge and individual cabins provided, made for a perfect part of an overall great vacation.

1  Thank Mary L
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband & I were on safari at Madikwe from the afternoon of February 16 through the morning of February 19. We stayed at Kopango Lodge where we found accommodations fantastic and service exceptional. Godfrey, our host, was surely "the host with the most." I have some special needs, and he went out of his way to make me feel safe and at home! We came to know him well in the short time we were there -- and, to love him!

Godfrey's entire staff made us feel like family. I will remember Avery setting out our early morning coffee, tea, and pastries, taking our orders for breakfast and dinner, and faithfully meeting us after each game drive with damp wash clothes to clean our hands and faces.

Meals were excellent, due, in large part, to the skill of Chef Lucas. Accommodations were authentic, spacious and fantastic. I especially loved the wrap-around deck and plunge pool!

Perhaps the most interesting and passionate man we met was Jacques "JP" Neizel, our Field Ranger/Game Driver. JP's knowledge of and intense respect for wildlife was vast! He went to great lengths to locate, and be sure that we saw all of the "Magnificent 7 -- the Big Five -- lions, leopard, elephant, rhino (white & black), and buffalo -- plus cheetah and wild dog! We loved sitting and listening to him share his expansive knowledge of African animals. I will never forget his deep integrity and respect for all of nature!

We had an absolutely wonderful time on this safari adventure arranged by Lion World Tours! I would not hesitate to recommend it highly to anyone who wants an authentic safari experinece.

1  Thank JoAnn S
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Our trip was arranged by Lion World Travels. It was the most amazing trip. We have traveled a lot and this trip far exceeds other trips. The staff at Madikwe go up and beyond the expected service. Godfrey was always there to greet us and get us anything we wanted. He made us feel like family. We got to know him well in the four days we were there. He is an amazing man. Our ranger was JP. Another amazing man. He is very passionate about his work and the safari. He truly loves the animals. His knowledge of the animals is unbelievable. He made sure we got to see the animals we wanted and more. We were able to see the magnificent seven. We will definitely go back again. We will recommend the Madikwe Lodge to anyone wanting to do a Safari. The lodge, staff and food are far above a 5 star resort. The massage we got in our room was one of the best we have had.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We were on a Lion World tour that is possibly the best trip we have taken. The Madikwe Safari Lodge was a truly memorable experience. Our guide, Lucky was amazingly knowledgable about all aspects of the reserve and made the game drives informative as well as entertaining. I can't begin to express how impressed we were with his warmth, charm and his knowledge. Violet was amazing in anticipating and meeting our every need. We truly felt pampered by all of the staff. This was a five star adventure in a magnificent county. A very special place.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We have just returned from a fabulous World Lion Tour vacation, The 3 days we spent at Madikwe Safari Lodge were the most magical of our trip. The people were amazing and we truly felt like we were part of the family. Taryn, Violet, Godfrey-who I taught my secret to a great Bloody Mary!-, Michael and Michael Jackson our wonderful spirited tour guide made this an experience I will never forget. The lodge was like our on little private palace. The deck was awesome! The outdoor shower, the plunge pool, lounge chairs. I would have my lunch out there while looking for animals with Binocs. Elephants would trumpet and walk in front of me. The star gazing at night while sipping wine and no sound but the insects and birds was the most peaceful I have ever experienced. Michael Jackson the guide made sure we saw almost every animal and was so knowledgeable. I simply cannot say thanks enough to them.

Room Tip: they are all the same and fabulous