“A magical place...very far off the beaten path”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 5 reviews

Reviews from our community

Maggie T
Abiquiu, New Mexico
“A magical place...very far off the beaten path”
Reviewed 14 March 2014 for a stay in July 2012
person found this review helpful

We would not have found this place if my brother had not known the owner's daughter's family. My husband, sister and I plus two dogs stayed here in this little cabin while my brother, his wife and daughter stayed in a beautiful little house down the road on the property for four nights or so. Eric and Elizabeth (and their three dachshunds!) plus their extended family were perfect hosts. There but not there, if you know what I mean! Being able to use the kitchens and the laundry was also perfect. This is a special and beautiful place. We would love to come again and explore the area more!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beauty of the property and the quirky little houses. The happy grandchildren and dogs!
Liked least: That I didn't get to taste the squash blossoms with chile!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
LaurenAnt...
Prescott Valley, Arizona
“Cabins were Tiny & Cute- Check in Process was Non-Existent and Took 2 Hours!”
Reviewed 14 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

First, we never got the address of the property, and it wasn't on their website or in our reservation confirmation email. We had to find it somewhere online. The cabin was cute, but we couldn't get in when we first got there (after 8 hours of driving). We had no email or call with directions on how to get into the cabin, so we expected to have someone there waiting for us. We did get a voice mail from a woman who works there saying she was going out for awhile, but would be back after 6pm. We arrived at 5 and just sat in our car, trying to get a phone signal after we looked around for someone, but only found chickens.We asked one person who lived in one of the cabins if they knew how to contact the owner, but they said that our experience was "typical" and that they didn't even know how to contact her. At about 6:30, the sun was going down and we decided to drive out to the highway to try to get a phone signal to call someone. At this point, I was tired and pretty upset, and had we not paid in full (which was non-refundable), we would have gone somewhere else. We called the number we had for the property manager, and someone answered- I promptly told them our predicament. After I told the whole story, the person on the line said "Let me get my mommy." THEN, I told the manager that we wouldn't get in and weren't given any directions. She couldn't quite understand what I wanted at first. After she understood, she told me that our apartment was #3 and would be unlocked with keys inside. We thanked her and drove back on the dirt road, only to find that our cabin was LOCKED. So, We drove back to the highway again, called her, told her that it was locked, and she responded "Bummer." She was sick, so she sent her husband out to let us in. After we got in at about 7pm, he let us know that the heater didn't work and that we would have to use the wood burning stove for 100% of our heat. That sucked, but otherwise, the cabin was nice, clean, and worked fine. However, there were no miniature goats in sight, and there was a lot of junk and scrap metal all over the property. However, the cabin itself was fine. We probably wouldn't stay here again, though.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Having a kitchen.
Liked least: Check in process.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
14 Mar 2014
We are sorry that your experience at our cabin was not what you expected. We do our outmost to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.

Some of he things you report were due to unfortunate circumstances. Our manager became sick and the new cleaner forgot to leave the door open for you. Generally, if the owners or the manager are not on the property to greet guests, the door is left unlocked and the keys are on the table. Furthermore, the directions of how to get to our place are on the lease :)

We are a working farm and not a regular motel. There is no check in desk or office. The barn is being repaired so wood is stored outside, scrap metal is waiting for pick up. We advice people that there is no cell phone reception down in the valley.

Best wishes,

Elizabeth and Eric
F R
Fort Worth, TX
“Quite and personable”
Reviewed 28 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

I chose this cabin to escape from the Texas heat in August and received much more than I had expected. The hosts, Eric and Elizabeth not only provided a comfortable working organic farm setting complete with chickens and goats, but excellent company. I was able to work during the day with the wireless internet service and was a short walk from some excellent hikes and both road and single track rides. This place was close enough to Arroyo Seco and Taos for a change of scenery when needed. It is with some trepidation that recommend this place to anyone who wants a place to work or escape from their routine since I plan on returning next year. Eric and Elizabeth, I can't thank you enough for the conversation, wine and excellent organic chile stuffed squash blossoms.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, friendly hosts and guests
Liked least: Cell phone service is limited here
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
WA
Reviewed 6 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing