La Mesa Motel
US$67
US$64
US$69
Motel 6
All reviewsneon signchain hotelscoffee makerfamily ownedthanks mikeroom was spotlessnever stay anywhere elsemini fridgedirect tvopened the doorbased on reviewsflat screen tvcomfortable placefree wifimom and pophistoric routerecommend staying here
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I found this motel while web surfing. After reading reviews on Trip Advisor, I called and asked for a reservation. The nice gentleman on the other end informed me he would hold the room without a credit card. Upon arrival, check-in was prompt and I was escorted to my room. The desk person gave me the grand tour, very refreshing! The room was great especially for the rate. Very clean, wall mounted flat screen, microwave and fridge that you could actually put something in. Bed linens were fresh and crisp, towels softer than some resorts I stayed in. I told the desk person I was very pleased and would be writing a review, so Here It Is!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Eric W
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Two friends and i just returned from two weeks in NM and CO- The VERY affordable rooms and comfortable BEDS at La Mesa was the best we had on the whole trip ( we stayed there after a long travel day at the start and before one at the end!) It really enhanced our energy level to sleep so well ! The rooms are super clean and we three women felt very safe and sound... Right on Rte 66 and only a few miles from Santa Rosa's infamous "Blue Hole!" , do yourself a favor and go see MIKE at La Mesa-!! Thank you Mike!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GypsyJulie
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This cute little vintage motel was a great value for us. The price was very reasonable, the beds were comfy, the rooms were clean and quiet, and the owner was extremely helpful both times we (my two friends and I) stayed there. It's not fancy or luxurious, but you could do a LOT worse with a budget hotel.

Room Tip: (no pool or fitness center)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DeLani B
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed here on my way across the country driving by myself. It was just as nice and as clean and charming as all the previous reviews claimed. The owner was pleasant and accommodating. The price was perfect for traveling on a budget. The room I stayed in was small, but cozy, and didn't need to be any larger. I had coffee, a TV, frig and microwave - what more could I ask for at about $43 for a night! I prefer to support small businesses rather than big corporations if I can, and this place is an easy way to accomplish that. The nostalgia of Rt. 66 is a big plus. I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I read the few reviews and decided this place was worth a shot. It is simple (like me) and very, very clean. Has everything a person needs ... maybe not everything a lot of people want - but worked wonderfully for me!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo