“A gem in Santa Rosa”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Seabrook, Texas
“A gem in Santa Rosa”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I work in the Aerospace industry in Houston and was in Santa Rosa for about a week. Coming from a large city and adapting to the size and lifestyle of there was a little challenging for me. However, there were a few factors that made the Holiday Inn a step above. Firstly, I had to have some packages delivered and stored, and the Manager, Michaela and her staff were extremely helpful and went out of their way to assist me. Secondly, Dallas who was tasked with setting up breakfast saw us mulling around the lobby earlier than 6 am and started bringing out food earlier to accomodate us and told us that if we needed food earlier, to let him know. Thirdly, and most importantly, comes my most important critera, THEY HAVE EXCELLENT BACON.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Michaela D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Hi there,
it was such a pleasure to have you guys stay with us here in Santa Rosa. We hope to see you again the next time you are in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
McKinney, Texas, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This hotel was the worst experience we have ever had at a Holiday Inn Express or for that matter any place we have ever stayed! The first room we had stunk and when we pulled back the covers there was human hair all over the bed. I called and ask to be put in another room. We were moved and immediately we check the bed. It had human fluild stains all over it!! This time my husband went down to the desk and asked for clean sheets so we could change them and maybe get some sleep. The only thing this hotel did to compensate us was to knock off $20 on our bill. I can't believe that Holiday Inn even allows these people to use their name...it's giving them a very bad rep.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TimandSue2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear TimandSue2013,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

However, please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience our level of service has caused you and the dissatisfaction you had with the bedroom housekeeping. We regret that these aspects have negatively affected your overall experience with us.

Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. We appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests & this is crucial for us to address any issues that may come up. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Santa Rosa hotels

Clarksville, Ohio
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My family and I stayed here just for one night. We got in late and were not willing to look for anywhere else to stay once we were there. We had been staying in Holiday Inns from Ohio to Utah and back and I was hugely disappointed in this one. The staff was accommodating but our room was disgustingly dirty. It looked as though someone had vomited on the bathroom floor/walls/door and someone had made half an effort to clean it up. I questioned whether the beds had been made with clean sheets and the pool area was filthy. I would not recommend staying at this hotel. Also there isn't much in Santa Rosa in the was of food so eat before you get there.

1 Thank Nicole G
Michaela D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Dear Nicole G, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience you had here. We do appreciate every feedback good or bad. We do hope you will give us another try to serve you better.
Please reach out to me at sronmhie@yahoo.com
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 7 August 2013

When traveling I usually stay at one of the typical hotels like Holiday Inn, Comfort Inn, Ramada, Super 8 (Not anymore), Best Western etc. and out of all the hotels I've stayed at over the years this one was in great shape, beds were comfortable from the pillows to the sheets, the decor was nice. I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat and stay here again on my next road trip across the country.

Hi there,
we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Santa Rosa NM.
We hope we will see you again the next time you travel through Santa Rosa NM.
CA
Reviewed 3 August 2013

On a road trip from West to East coast and this hotel was my third one for the week. I know Santa Rosa isn't the "Hot Spot" of the world, but this hotel could do a LOT better.
Lets start with the good; it's clean.
Now the bad:
1) TV didn't work; they have DirecTV service in the room however the signal goes out every 30 secs or so making the viewing impossible
2) Service; really poor. Asked for some advice on where to eat or what was available to deliver and got this look like I was an absolute moron for asking. I get that its a small town, but its not unreasonable to figure that some of your guest might need something to eat. Eventually, found out that a local pizza joint delivers; however when I asked if they had a copy of a menu; it was like I was asking for a hand signed copy of the declaration of independence. Guys, if there is only one delivery place in town .... you might want to have a copy of the menu on hand !
3) Air Conditioning: Positive: Room was very cool. Negative: The floor surrounding the AC was soaking wet from the unit.
4) Shower: Positive: It had water ; Negative it had only cold water !!! Yes I let it run for 10 minutes and not a bit of heat !.

On complaining about the above I was offered $10 off my bill ... which seems to me frankly insulting especially when there are these "service guarantee" cards all round the place saying if they can't fix the issue your night is free ! Well that's just a bunch of horse manure !

Look I wasn't looking from a FREE room, but an apology and some form of proper discount would have been nice, I know ice cold showers are supposed to be good for you but after a long road trip ...... probably not the best thing to experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Michaela D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear AndrewCA,
first of all let me apologize for all the issues you had here. Please reach out to me at sronmhie@yahoo.com I would like to discuss this issue a little bit more privately with you.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We will not stay here again, staff were great but the room needed help! The bedding was old and kinda grey looking, not nice and white, mattress had sink holes..the bed skirt was not put on correctly and it was so wrinkled that it made everything look worse than it had to be..the furniture is kinda sad looking and the TV did not really fit the cabinet in was in..did not have an updated channel guide.. Some broken tile in the bathroom..they also had 2 big pitchers holding the milk in the breakfast room and i prefer the individual cartons..especially when you see unkept things it makes you wonder how clean the pitchers were...Lobby furniture needs updating, not inviting to sit on!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear gglenda,
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This is a pet-friendly hotel and the rooms are quite comfortable and clean. Our room smelled like dog, but I suppose that's to be expected if people have dogs in there pretty much every night. However, it was tidy and well-maintained.

The free breakfast is a great perk. I took advantage of it very early, right when it started, so I did not get a chance to see how busy it might get later on.

We arrived at around 10 pm and it was quite a long wait to check in. There were 3 parties in line ahead of us and the single clerk was taking quite some time with each check-in. As this is a hotel frequented by weary highway travelers who may arrive late, I hope the hotel manager considers greater staffing in the evening.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Michaela D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Hi there,
thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. We always appreciate feedback. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Santa Rosa NM.