“Overall, a fine hotel.”

Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed here twice in 2 weeks while on a holiday trip. The staff is friendly, the breakfasts great, the rooms are just fine. My only complaint would be that they need new towels. The ones I had were frayed and hard as burlap. Still and all, I would stay here again with no reservations.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed while passing through for one night and found it to be in line with the chain. It was clean and quiet and everything worked properly. Breakfast is the standard Holiday Inn fare, nothing special, but it's what I expect since I usually try to stay in e chain.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Michaela D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Hi there,
thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback about your recent stay. We always love to hear what our guests have to say. We hope to see you again the next time you are passing through Santa Rosa NM.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I usually have good luck with this chain, but stayed in Santa Rosa recently and found that while on the surface everything looked okay, looking underneath showed a lack of care. For instance, the bath towels were all frayed along the edges. Not a deal breaker, but still not what I want to see. Also, I opened the bedside cabinet and found that the drawers had lots of hair scattered around. I'll admit that I'm a little phobic about that, but would you want to put anything in that drawer? Overall my impression was that the bare minimum upkeep is being done.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Michaela D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear Terra1411,

please let me apologize for the issues you had here. Please feel free to reach out to me at sronmhie@yahoo.com.
We hope you will give us another chance to serve you better.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We had an extended stay in Santa Rosa for business. The staff went over and above to accommodate our crew. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who appreciates good service. The breakfast was delicious everyday. The cookies in the afternoon were a very nice touch! I literally cannot think of any negative things to say about our stay. Great job!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Frank A

Hi there,

it was a pleasure to have you guys stay here with us. We are sure glad that you enjoyed your stay here in Santa Rosa NM.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were on our way back to Phoenix and needed a place to stop. We felt Santa Rosa was a convenient drive. We were not disappointed. The Holiday Inn Express was clean and had a great breakfast buffet. Only inconvenience we faced was that the ice machines are only on the first and third floors and we were on the second floor. Room was clean and very comfortable.

Room Tip: Odd numbered floors have the ice machines
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi donnieboy2,
thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback about your stay at our hotel in Santa Rosa NM. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

My experience with the Holiday Inn Express brand has been fairly good thus far. However, I was a bit disappointed with our stay in Santa Rosa. While the staff was friendly, we were not happy with our room. We stayed in room 323 for one night. The bathroom light would not turn on unless you flipped the switch multiple times and only if you hit it "just right". When the toilet flushed, it made this loud squeaking noise that lasted about 20 seconds. The towels were extremely rough and abrasive. The room smelled very musty and had a strong chemical scent. We did have a dog with us, so I'm assuming they put all people with pets on the same floor, and the rooms likely smell badly because of this. The overall outside appearance of the hotel was well kept, however, the exit door on the side of the hotel had been completely smashed from top to bottom. There was no indication to not use the door, but I felt nervous opening and closing it due to the damage. It was as if someone took a crow bar to it and just went off. There was no hole, but it was completely shattered from top to bottom. It made me a little leery of the safety of the hotel and the surrounding area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear oneflyer08413,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room and bathroom condition. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 August 2013

I work in the Aerospace industry in Houston and was in Santa Rosa for about a week. Coming from a large city and adapting to the size and lifestyle of there was a little challenging for me. However, there were a few factors that made the Holiday Inn a step above. Firstly, I had to have some packages delivered and stored, and the Manager, Michaela and her staff were extremely helpful and went out of their way to assist me. Secondly, Dallas who was tasked with setting up breakfast saw us mulling around the lobby earlier than 6 am and started bringing out food earlier to accomodate us and told us that if we needed food earlier, to let him know. Thirdly, and most importantly, comes my most important critera, THEY HAVE EXCELLENT BACON.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Michaela D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Hi there,
it was such a pleasure to have you guys stay with us here in Santa Rosa. We hope to see you again the next time you are in town.