“Excellent”

Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 22 November 2010

Everything was clean and the staff was friendly. The room was quiet and everything went very well.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 October 2010

The hotel was new and clean. Room was big and comfortable. Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2010

I purchased this room through hotwire for $139. The room was nice and spacious, newly refurbished, and the bed was very comfortable. Both soft and firm pillows were provided. The bathroom was spotless, and the water pressure was great.

The front desk employee was not especially helpful. She gave me a room at the back of the motel, on the second floor. I lugged my heavy luggage up the stairs, got to the room, and key card didn't work. I brought my luggage down to the car, put it back in the car, walked to the front office, and let her know the key didn't work. She was somewhat defensive, and asked whether I had demagnetized the key card (which I hadn't- it went straight into my pocket). I asked if I could be moved to the front of the motel, but she said the only rooms available were at the back, on the 2nd floor. Which was strange since the parking lot was only a 1/3 full at most. Maybe the other rooms hadn't been cleaned?

The new key card did work the second time.

I didn't try the included breakfast, which runs from 6:30-9:30 am. I was surprised the breakfast didn't run until 10 a.m.

The lobby looks like it's still being renovated, but the rooms are very nice, with contemporary furniture and linens. The motel is located off the 101, beside a Starbucks and across from a gas station. Next time I return to the Santa Rosa area, I'll likely choose a hotel that has a nicer, more picturesque location rather than return to this Holiday Inn Express.

This Holiday Inn Express is great if you are looking for a reasonably-priced, clean, safe hotel room with a comfortable bed close to the freeway.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank phoenikia
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Staff was great, all the amenities were there, room clean, property well kept.
A great stop in Santa rosa.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Wonderful hotel, very new and comfortable, which was just what we needed after driving all day. Also, don't miss the Silver Moon Cafe across the street, the absolute BEST Mexican food ever! Thanks Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SamanthaBrown8
Reviewed 10 July 2010

We stayed at the Santa Rosa Holiday Inn while on a trip to the West from the Midwest. It was one of 3 Holiday Inn Express hotels we stayed at during our travels, and it was by far the worst. The room was dirty--the walls in both the bathroom and bedroom had marks and gooey substances. The bathroom door was filthy. The phone had a 1/2" of dust on it, and I couldn't bear to look too closely at any other surfaces. No wi-fi, although I called the front desk and was told it "should be working." I would never stay here again, and warn others to stay at your own risk.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jadajazz
Reviewed 8 July 2010

We stayed here on Priority Club points earned. Check in was pleasant & efficient by Brandon. A well managed property, fairly new, very clean, nicely furnished throughout, spacious lobby,& breakfast area & a game room to boot. We were assigned a comfortable roomy mini-suite but had no micro or fridge. (:<) Quiet AC & obviously well-insulated rooms as it was very quiet even though located not far from I-40. Good king bed with plush linens. Breakfast was typical HIE fare & OK. We felt our Priority club points were well spent & enjoyed friendly visit with manager, BJ Bhauta upon check out.
All our overnight stays should be so good!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple