“A Peaceful Desert Retreat near El Paso”

Casa de Suenos Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Casa de Suenos was one of two B&Bs at which our family of four (two parents, two teens) stayed during our one-week trip to New Mexico...both of which were fantastic!

We spent three nights at Casa de Suenos near the end of March, choosing it because of the many positive reviews as well as its reasonable proximity to White Sands National Monument and Carlsbad Caverns National Park, both of which we did as day trips. Marlene was a super host...she was very cheerful & friendly, stayed up late for us to arrive the first night, and made us some delicious breakfasts! Peanut (the dog) also had a friendly greeting for us each morning upon arrival at breakfast.

We had two rooms...three of us in the Kokapelli suite, with its king bed in the main part of the room and a single bed in the smaller adjoining room...while our teen daughter had Las Tortugas all to herself. Both Kokapelli and Tortugas were good sized rooms and extremely clean.

In terms of location, Casa de Suenos wasn't the easiest place to find, at least not in the dark at 10:00 PM down some bumpy gravel/sand roads with little in the way of street lighting. After a long drive from ABQ, we were really starting to wonder what kind of place we were going to find at the end of this dusty trail. As it turned out, the effort was well worth it! Once the morning sun came up, there was a beautiful desert & mountain view from the deck of the B&B, a wonderful garden & trails for a bit of pre-breakfast wandering, and a lovely courtyard for shade.

Thanks Marlene for helping us have a truly memorable little vacation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 April 2014

What a great experience. This is a little out of the way place but well worth it. You do have to drive about a mile and a half over a sandy dirt road to get there so don't expect your car to stay clean. It is a great place to rest and relax. Marlene is the best...so nice. Breakfast was excellent. We enjoyed a rain storm in the desert. The vista is the best part. You can see parts of Mexico, Texas and naturally New Mexico. There are large areas where groups can form and small private places if you want to be alone. Peanut the dog will be happy to keep you company also. We enjoyed watching the quail run around the place. What a great place to rejuvenate your spirit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlamedaMark
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My brother and I stayed at the Casa de Suenos last weekend for 4 nights. Marlene and George are wonderful hosts. The B&B was very clean, relaxing, had great patio areas, and wonderful views of the mountains. It was very easy to go for a walk right out back or down the road into the desert. And Peanut (their dog) was a great companion on the walks and greeted us most graciously every morning for breakfast. Marlene provided great conversation and knowledge of the area. We absolutely recommend this B&B if staying near the El Paso area. It was very easy to access El Paso, Las Cruces, and the major highways, but yet far enough away from it all to provide a serene, relaxing place to hang out. We played horseshoes in the back, and darts in the common area. The breakfasts Marlene cooked for us were perfect. Fresh fruit was awesome!! Loved it!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Decided to stay here, didnt want to stay in a hotel. George and Marlene are great host, and Peanut is just as nice. Great breakfast everyday, and coffee waiting outside our door every morning, nice touch. The room we had was very nice, clean and very spacious, felt like we were at home. Marlene gave us great tips on where to go for dinner and what winneries were haveing wine tastings. We stayed over for Valentines, went out for a nice tasting, came back and there was a gift of chocolates and a rose, very nice. We will be going back. Thank you Geroge and Marlene.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I was so weary after being hard at work on a project in the area. I had been staying at chain hotels in the area when I decided to switch over to this delightful bed and breakfast. It was the best nights sleep I think I had in weeks. Wonderful coffee was served right outside my door. Breakfast was delightful each morning. The owner, Marlene, is a very kind and thoughtful hostess. I cannot thank her enough!

Room Tip: Let Marlene know what you want out of your stay and let her pick for you. She won't steer you w...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We have stayed a this Bed & Breakfast a few times now and it never disappoints. Marlene & George and their dog Peanut are soooooooooo nice. Everything is clean. You are not in want of anything. Very peaceful with a great view of El Paso and the Franklin Mtns.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very good. There are two rooms connected to the main house and two rooms across t...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at Casa de Suenos during a trip to New Mexico in November. It was amazing. The owner was so sweet and such a pleasure to converse with. She really made us feel like we were at home. I stayed for two nights, and had a very nice breakfast both mornings. I also really liked that she put out a thermos of coffee by my room so I could have coffee as soon as I got out of bed in the morning.

I live in Atlanta, so for me it was a real treat to go out to New Mexico and see the beautiful scenery. Following my first night at Casa de Suenos, we woke up early in the morning to see the sunrise. It was fantastic! And of course, the owner made us hot coffee to keep us warm.

The room was really clean and had a lot of nice touches. I slept very well. My only regret is that I didn't have more time to stay here. I would love to come back here for a week-long retreat.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Been to Casa de Suenos Country Inn? Share your experiences!