“cold, dirty and even the teleivison didn't work. Awful”
Review of San Miguel Inn

San Miguel Inn
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Socorro
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Wow, this was one of the worst motel or hotels I have ever stayed in. The only one I would say was worse was the cinderella hotel in ca. where some junkie had shot his blood on the wall in the bathroom. Listed 29.00 for a night, paid 45.00 for a room that the heater was either blasting flames of hell or freezing cold air. Walked in to find 6 beer bottles from last tenant under the bathroom sink, filthy carpets and a small double bed with springs coming through. The shower had to run for over 20 minutes before it was warm enough to feel tepid. The remote didn't work on the crappy little broken down t.v. and even the radio that was screwed into the beside table didn't work. There is no microwave or coffee maker in room that was on billboard. Mildew in shower stall, floor sunk on one side of bathroom. windows in bathroom sealed closed, door for closet was stuck and would not close. Ice bucket with room but no ice machine anywhere to be found. No complementary breakfast as listed on billboard. This was just a filthy room i would not recommend to cockroaches.

Room Tip: don't bother even asking for a room there, GO ANYWHERE ELSE!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank notthatgood2eat

Reviewed 8 November 2011

I wish I had looked at other reviews before staying here. The room was small and very old. The carpet was not clean and it was hard to tell about the bathroom because everything was so old. The overhead light in the room worked but neither of the other lights did. We stayed two nights and the toilet was always running. The heater is an old style one and it is either off or has the fan running on high (only one speed regardless of where you put the dial) and either blew cold air or very hot air. During the last night of our stay the toilet started overflowing and flooding the bathroom so we went in and turned off the water to the toilet. I reported this the next morning to the office. They enquired about me needing to use a toilet and when I said yes, their solution was to give me a key to someone's room who had just checked out so I could use their dirty bathroom! They advertise a free breakfast but it is cold cereal, white bread, and lukewarm juice and milk. I would not stay here again and would suggest you don't either.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank no n
Reviewed 17 April 2010

This place is just plain horrible, with poor customer service and nasty rooms. Appliances, lights, tiolets are in severe disrepair. 1970's furniture that has been picked up at other hotels "garage sales" are substandard for the $$ paid. I asked for a different room and got one slightly cleaner with a working toilet-yeah! Linens and towels are nasty/dirty/soiled, but carefully folded for your use. I had planned a much longer stay but just got the hell outta there! Man, I shoulda stayed at a Holiday Inn,...and did! What a difference!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank chucky22
Reviewed 4 January 2010

When I first opened the door to the office I had a bad experience. The smell of curry was so overwhelming that I wanted to wait outdoors until it was time to sign for our room, but I didn't. The manager asked me "How many are you?" and I told him 4. He pointed to the reservation sheet and said that "It says two adults" so I pointed to the same sheet that also stated that there were 2 children. Then he asked how old they were and I stated "9 and 10". When he gave me the key he said that the room had two double beds and I said ok. He said that if we wanted queen size beds it would cost us another $20. I told him that the doubles would be fine. It seemed like he was trying to get more money from us. Once in the room, it was definitely an older room, but it was clean. The towels were somewhat dingy and faintly smelled of curry. To finish this review, I can say that it was the cheapest room in town and the free WIFI worked well. Next time I will spend more money and stay in a nicer chain motel.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank buffaloflats
Reviewed 4 May 2009

This is a quite old motel. With that in mind and knowing the rooms will be smaller, this is a very well maintained motel. My only complaint would be that the beds should have better mattresses. The room was clean and freshly painted. Carpet was very clean. Stay with confidence.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2008

When I drove by the hotel, the outside looked neat and clean and looked like it would be a cozy place to stay. A sign on the wall advertised $29.99 rooms. When I checked in, the room was actually $45. When I got to my room I was not happy with the inside. It was dirty and dingy and I didn't want to touch anything. The bed and room fixtures were old and needing replacement. There were stains on the floor and bedspread and hairs in the bathroom. The best thing there was the free wireless internet. I would probably not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank 4nhand
Reviewed 26 June 2007

Stayed for four days in this hotel. The trash was not taken out once, there was hair in the shower from the previous occupants, soap and linnen were not changed during my whole stay. There were even beer cans from previous occupants under the bed. Overall the stay there was horrific and I would not recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business