“Good Basic Amenities”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Socorro
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Good Basic Amenities”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This motel provides a comfortable bed and good service. I can tell that the owners are trying to renovate and refurbish an older property.

Pros:
The mattress was new and comfortable and the pillows were fine. The bathroom counter and sink were new, and there was new tile on the floor. A really nice amenity was the ceiling fan. Service was friendly and competent. All fixtures and plumbing in the room worked fine, and there was abundant very hot water. The room was clean.

Cons:
The king room I had was small and crowded, and much of the furniture was old and scuffed. The desk chair had seen better days; the padding was crushed and displaced. Sheets and towels were clean but showing wear and small stains. Breakfast bar was below average - I was hoping for a waffle but they were out of batter and there was no attendant present. The pool was covered and closed.

Most important, though, was a comfortable bed and a good night's sleep. That's what I paid for and what I received.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
DIPAK G, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Socorro, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
It is never happened before so,I am very apolozies for this Inconvience But we have sign at lobby for Service Bell and Our Brand dose not have mandatory Breakfast but we try to make our Guest Happy with us with cheap price so,please

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I stay in Socorro every 2 weeks or so and let Priceline choose me the best property under their best deals section. This is the first time I stayed at this hotel as it usually chooses a different property for me. I was very pleased with the location and the check-in procedure and staff. One small disappointment was the fact this property apparently charges more for two queen beds than a king bed, something that was NOT disclosed through the Priceline process. I traveled with another contractor on this trip and when I requested we have two beds I was forced to pay an extra $10.00 for this. This actually pushed the overall price over what I normally pay for a hotel with 2 queen beds in Socorro so it was a little disheartening as I feel Priceline sent me on a bad trip. It is definitely not the fault of Americas Best Value Inn so don't hold it against them I guess. I just may not use that specific service if I know I need 2 beds. The breakfast seemed adequate, but I only grabbed a blueberry muffin on the way out. Thanks for having a great a/c unit on a hot and stuffy night too!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
DIPAK G, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Socorro, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Thank You Choosing Socorro Americas Best Value Inn, Thank You Giving Us Good Feedback ,We Always Try to Work Hard and Make Very Happy With Us. and also in future we will give Good Service. " KEEP SMILING......SMILING FACE WINS THE WORLD...." Thank You . We Try To Upgrade our property so, we are giving very best lavel service to All Our Guest. and I hope in future I accept more Bussiness from you.
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Due to bad weather, we decided to stop in Socorro, NM July 2, 2013. Arriving early evening, I was met by the manager who was very warm and friendly. After driving for 8 hours that day, we were tired and ready to be checked in quickly. The manager did a great job and provided us with the check in very quickly. Facility was clean, smelled good, and large enough for 3 adults and 2 small pets.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kathy H
DIPAK G, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Socorro, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My family is used to cheap motels on road trips. I actually changed a reservation from Albuquerque to this hotel in Socorro after reading the reviews. Really wish I hadn't!

Pros:
Cheap, only paid $113 for 2 rooms. For a short stop it was fine but anything longer than a few hours of sleep I would NOT recommend!

Cons:
When we checked in I tried to give the attendant my Value Card I had signed up for and he said it wasn't needed. One thing that is advertised for using that card is late check out, something when we asked about the next morning was told we werent allowed to have as we didn't check in with the value card... I was pretty annoyed.

We get up for breakfast and the attendant is no where to be found, the milk is about out, no more waffle mix, out of juice. We divide the little milk thats left for small bowls of cereal and as we are sitting down to eat the wife or mother or sister (not sure which) of the attendant drags him in the door screaming at him and beating on him with a magazine or newspaper. After them arguing right in the middle of the lobby he sits down and just glares at us, makes no attempt to refill anything and at this point my fiance and I are a bit skeptical of the female and hurriedly leave.

Pillows were terrible... most uncomfortable pillows I have ever slept with and I didn't even have a normal bed when I was growing up so I have slept on some uncomfortable stuff before.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PincPleasure
DIPAK G, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Socorro, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
I am vrye Apologiez for this inconvenience for breakfast.when you visit next time we will give good price and we will make you happy for 100%.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We decided to stay here last minute and arrived very late, very tired. The manager/owner checked us in quickly. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. We slept really well. They had a good variety of breakfast in the morning. The manager was very friendly and nice to talk to. He made sure we were comfortable and getting the right level of service. I would definitely recommend this hotel. For the price you pay, it cannot get better than this!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gaurav M
DIPAK G, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Socorro, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stayed here last minute for a night on a road trip during Memorial day weekend and it was lovely. The room was clean, in good repair, and modern; everything worked well, and the manager/owner? was courteous, well informed, efficient, and helpful. The complementary breakfast was simple and more diverse than some hotels. For the price, you couldn't do better.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank A S
DIPAK G, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Socorro, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I didn't have very high expectations because we we traveling with a large family group (5 rooms,) and wanted to keep costs to a minimum. This place was a very pleasant surprise. The rooms were nice and clean, but what set things apart was the hospitality. The gentleman who checked us in was very friendly and efficient. Also during the continental breakfast (waffles, muffins, cereal,) he asked us to comment on trip advisor and thanked us for choosing his location. Breakfast was served in the front lobby which was well lit and comfortable. We'll stay there again if we stop in Socorro.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank TomWarren
DIPAK G, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Socorro, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Thank You Choosing Socorro Americas Best Value Inn,

" KEEP SMILING......SMILING FACE WINS THE WORLD...."

Thank You .