This is a nice hotel. I found it a bit overpriced, but I think it might be one of the better hotels in Socorro and I didn’t have much choice. The lobby was very nice, and the girl checking me in was wonderful. My room was big and had a frig and microwave. The bed was very comfortable, with clean sheets (a must for me). FANTASTIC BATHROOM - I loved it – very large, with a large space where the sink is. One thing about Holiday Inn, and I have mentioned this before, they have the BEST shower curtains; they are cloth and not those plastic kind that start to smell after a while.
Great breakfast in the mornings – you can’t beat an HI breakfast. The breakfast area was big and clean.
Free wi-fi and free parking. I had to park around the back and it was a little dark back there, but the hotel was full and there was no parking in front. There are a lot of restaurants, gas stations, etc., very close by - even a Walmart.
Why the 4 stars instead of 5, you ask? That's because I found it a tad overpriced. But, other than that, I have nothing to complain about. I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Socorro Hotel near New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology.Business travelers will be pleased that our Socorro, NM hotel's convenient location provides easy access to a number of corporate groups such as BBS, United Mineral, Viva Motors, Allied Research, Dicaperl Minerals and the Macey Center. We offer a well-equipped meeting room, as well.Ideally located near historic downtown Socorro, NM, the Holiday Inn Express is just minutes from the area's Municipal Airport and the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, as well as a variety of exciting local sites.Guests of our comfortable Socorro accommodations can relax and enjoy local attractions such as historic downtown Socorro, the San Miguel Mission, the Hammel Museum, Bosque del Apache Wildlife Refuge, El Camino Real Heritage Center and the Mineral Museum. Visitors can spend an afternoon rock-climbing or hiking at Box Canyon and Water Canyon or golfing at the championship-level New Mexico Tech Golf Course.During your visit to Socorro, NM, take advantage of our free high-speed, wireless Internet access, well-equipped fitness center, spectacular indoor pool and whirlpool, 24-hour business center, on-site self-laundry facilities and complimentary hot breakfast buffet. Be sure to check out our friendly Socorro hotel's excellent deals and rates while planning for your trip to beautiful New Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Socorro
- Holiday Inn Express Socorro
- Holiday Inn Socorro
- Socorro Holiday Inn