“OK Clean Staff Friendly”

Holiday Inn Express
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Socorro
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Typical Holiday Inn Express, Staff Friendly, Hotel Clean, Rooms Clean. Have stayed at this location twice and would stay again if ever in the area. Right next door to a Burger King for those who do not want to look for food.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear dewTexas,

Thank you so much for your review about your experience at our hotel. Your kind words about the hotel and staff are greatly appreciated. Our goal is to provide superior customer service and a unique stay to all of our guests. We hope that if you are ever back here in the area, you will visit with us again. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stayed 2 nights on business. The hotel is right off I-25 with easy access into and out of town. Room was clean with safe, fridge, microwave. A/C had an annoying habit of turning on and off at high frequency when set on "auto." Breakfast was fine although healthy options were a bit limited. There is a small spread of snacks in the early evening as a "manager's reception" of sorts. Walking distance to fast food and casual dining options, but do yourself a favor and head south of town to the Owl Bar & Cafe for their famous green child cheeseburger.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business while attending a course sponsored by New Mexico Tech. The room was very clean & the beds very comfortable. The continental breakfast offered was a good selection & well done. The staff was very friendly & helpful with any questions posed to them. The area has some good places to eat as well as your usual fast food restaurant's. I researched the hotels that were offered in the area on trip advisor and this hotel was ranked #1. I have to personally agree with them.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2013

When we stayed, there was a group of firefighters doing a control burn nearby. Surprisingly, the place was super quiet! The desk clerk was friendly and helpful. I would certainly stay there again. pool was nice and clean, as was the Jacuzzi.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I stayed here for a week while on business at the university and visiting the Very Large Array and IRIS PASSCAL facilities. The hotel staff is friendly and welcoming, the breakfast was well done, and the whole place was well kept. Also just a short walk to the Socorro Springs Brewery which had very good food and a nice selection of beers. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This is a nice hotel. I found it a bit overpriced, but I think it might be one of the better hotels in Socorro and I didn’t have much choice. The lobby was very nice, and the girl checking me in was wonderful. My room was big and had a frig and microwave. The bed was very comfortable, with clean sheets (a must for me). FANTASTIC BATHROOM - I loved it – very large, with a large space where the sink is. One thing about Holiday Inn, and I have mentioned this before, they have the BEST shower curtains; they are cloth and not those plastic kind that start to smell after a while.

Great breakfast in the mornings – you can’t beat an HI breakfast. The breakfast area was big and clean.

Free wi-fi and free parking. I had to park around the back and it was a little dark back there, but the hotel was full and there was no parking in front. There are a lot of restaurants, gas stations, etc., very close by - even a Walmart.

Why the 4 stars instead of 5, you ask? That's because I found it a tad overpriced. But, other than that, I have nothing to complain about. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We stayed her one night while we were en route from Albuquerque to Roswell. We got in early and Amaiya was on duty and assisted us with an early check-in. She was also very helpful with directions to the Very Large Array and the Apache Del Bosque Wildlife Refuge. We appreicated her information and also info on local dining options. The room was fine, with a refrigerator and microwave. It seemed a bit more expensive than other Holiday Inns of this calibre, but I think it may be due to the few options in the area. I would also note that the winds get very strong in New Mexico, so our window whistled quite a bit, but I just stuffed it with some extra bath towels, so we got a good nights rest. Overall, I would say the facility is average, but due to the excellent service from their employee, I gave them a higher rating.

Room Tip: Do not pay extra for a room with a view....it isn't that impressive of a view. However, the vie...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple