“Hard day”
Review of Days Inn Socorro

Days Inn Socorro
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Socorro
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I spent 4 hours on a 20/30 MPH trip over some tough Arizona mountains. I was beat when I arrived at Socorro Days Inn. A smiling lady met me as I walked in, and in no time I was in a room, on my back on a nice bed. What a relief.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
DaysInn13786, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Socorro, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Dear Derrell, thank you so much for your generous and nice compliment to our hotel. I will be sure to let our hard working team of staff know about your review. We hope to see you again if you are around this area in the future. Have a great day!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed overnight on a friday. Clean room, pleasant front desk...Next morning I was running late and asked for about 30 minutes extra...check out was at 11am. I got read the riot act as though i was committing a crime, the woman at the front desk yelled on the phone and was adamant that i check out at ll:00..Horrible experience...Never stay there again. I have always stayed at days inn thoughout the country....this was a situataion i will never forget..and never stay there again. oh by the way, the carpet was filthy, like walking on dirt.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Hello Gregory, I would like to begin by thanking you for writing this review. I would like to apologize for whoever was being rude to you I had no idea this had happened. I will most definitely get this matter taken care of again please accept my apologies and have a great day.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

The owners were very friendly and polite. The room was clean, but had a smell. I assume it was a spray to keep the roaches out of the room. There were none in the room but lots outside. Matress a little hard. Property looked "tired" and could use some work, but acceptable and would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Hi Ronald, first of all thank you for taking your time to write us a feedback, We have addressed your concern to our routine maintenance and have taken necessary actions, so others that stay with us in the future will have a much better experience. We look forward to seeing you again here at Days Inn Socorro.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

i was not happy with my stay here ... however, if they fix my suggestions and make some appropriate cleaning stagegies this could be a very nice motel

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Sara, thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review for us. Without your comments we are unable to make the necessary improvement needed to make every guest’s stay with us a wonderful experience. We have addressed your concern and took necessary action, so others that stay with us won’t have the same difficulties.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

We selected this based on good experiences at other Day's Inns. For the money, this was a disappointment. The upholstered furniture was filthy and one chair had a big burn mark from a clothes iron. The windows, which take up the entire front wall, were dirty. The room and bath were clean except the carpet seemed dusty. There was no fan in the bathroom so it was like a steam sauna by the time we finished our showers. For a generic motel it was ok, but Day's Inn should be embarrassed to have their name on this property. There are newer motels in town and I would consider them next time.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Logan H, Manager at Days Inn Socorro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

I'd like to begin by saying thank you for taking your time to write a review on our hotel.

Secondly, I sincerely apologize for all the disturbances that you encountered on the night of your stay. I have addressed your issues to our housekeeping and maintenance team to make sure similar problems that you have encountered during your stay does not incur again.

Finally, thank you once more for taking valuable time to let us know how we did. All feedback is valuable to us and allows to us to learn how to best meet our guest’s needs.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 June 2013

The rooms were too expensive for the look and smell of them. There was roaches in our room and just too much in price I have stayed in better hotels for lower price without the bugs. Our blow dryer caught on fire and the lady that I told still tried to plug it in to see if it still worked??? Seems like they were just trying to save a buck on that one. I am just glad it wasnt me blow drying my hair otherwise my hair would have caught on fire.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and let us know how we did in meeting your expectations on your recent stay with us at the Days Inn of Socorro.

I want to say how sorry I am for the dead bugs you encountered in your room. We do monthly pest control here at the property but it is difficult to 100% rid the desert pests. I am however; very sorry your room had one.
I would also like to apologize again for the hair dryer problem you have encountered, we have learned from that experience and are now better prepared should something similar arise in the future.

Once more thank you for posting the review. Even a review that says we failed serving you as a valuable guest it lets us know where we need to have more training and coaching sessions with our team and gives us a learning opportunity.