“Reliably good, and cheap”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Socorro
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We always stay here when we're in Socorro. The rooms are large, clean, and well equipped. The staff is friendly and the mattress well above average (firm, as I prefer). The wifi is very good. We paid $55 with AAA discount. There's a restaurant next door at which you get a discount, but we usually just walk a couple hundred feet and get takeout from the Lotaburger. The room includes a table with two chairs, very convenient for dining.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Low-rent
econolodgenm066, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for a great review. Glad you enjoyed your room. Look forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I recently stayed for a second time at this property. As I found it to be before, it is an older, quiet, clean, comfortable, very well kept property that is conveniently located close to the New Mexico Tech campus. For the money, this is an exceptional value. What prompted me to write a second review, however, was that I forgot my iPhone charger in my room. Over the years I have probably lost two or three chargers this way; one was left behind in a Ritz Carleton. In the past I have called the hotels asking about the charger left behind, but somehow they couldn't manage to find it. I am sure the truth of the matter is that they didn't want to be bothered with returning the item. So, after I discovered I had left my charger at the Socorro Econo Lodge I called, but didn't expect any help. To my surprise, the manager, Richard Torres, not only told me it had been found, but mailed it to me. The bottom line is that this inexpensive motel provided a level of service that I couldn't get from hotels charging 10 times what I paid for my room. I continue to be impressed by the value at this property, and I will be staying there whenever I need to visit New Mexico Tech.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are very quiet
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Bruce S

Thank you a great review. Thank you for staying with us again. See you again soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Check-in was smooth and friendly. Room was an upgrade from a queen to a king. Very nice room with lots of space. Room had a small kitchen area with separate sink. Room also had a dressing area with hair dryer and mirror. Pool and spa area were nice. Large fitness area. All units have exterior doors. Adjacent restaurant give discount to guests. Morning breakfast was ok. Multiple wf-fi access points provided good speed. Convenient to interstate, college, and fire academy. Lots of restaurants nearby. Walmart across the street in case you need anything.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Watash51
econolodgenm066, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank you for a great review. Glad you like your upgrade. Good to hear you enjoyed your room.
Hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Based on other Tripadvisor reviews we chose the EconoLodge and were pleased with our stay. We chose a room in the rear and it was very quiet. We appreciated the fridge,micro and coffee maker in our room which was in good condition and clean. Staff was friendly and when future travel plans call for a stay in Socorro we will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mehoe29084
econolodgenm066, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for reviewing our property. Thank you for staying with us. Glad you enjoyed our amenities in our rooms. Look forward to having you all stay here again. Thank you.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Made a last minute reservation via ChoiceHotels phone app...it was a great choice (based on tripadvisor reviews). Walked in to one of the friendliest reservations persons ever, Jeremy, friendly and helpful, very pleasant after driving. The lobby looked spacious with a nice breakfast area. I was so excited and pleased when I got to my room...it was actually a suite with designated areas for toilet/shower, sink, even a lighted dressing table. Separate area with table, sink, great fridge w/a freezer (when does that happen?), business desk and phone. Nice comfy bed and very clean. The Wi-Fi worked great; TV stations were limited but I wasn't there to watch TV. The pool looked clean and inviting but I went out to take photos of the beautiful stormy sky Socorro was having that night. Did not make breakfast the next day as I was so comfy I took advantage of sleeping in. Fell in love with Socorro and the energy there...will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Don't expect frills or super modern....older but very clean and comfortable place to stay.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Trickstersawpix
econolodgenm066, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Our staff thanks you for all the great comments on there areas. Hope to see you see again . Thank you for reviewing us.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stay overnight here almost every summer on our way to Arizona. We always get a clean room with a microwave and refrigerator. It is right across the street from A Super Wal-Mart if you need to get something. The T.V.'s work great and the complimentary breakfast is always good and well stocked. The food area is also clean and the food is attractively put out and appetizing.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill O

Thank you for reviewing our property. Thank you for continue to choose to stay with us. Hope you like the new features each time you stay. Our staff will love your comments on the rooms. See you soon. THANK YOU.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Jeremy made us welcome from the moment we walked in the lobby! No reservations, but he found us exactly what we needed. Our spacious room in the back was newly renovated, and we were pleased with the beds and the micro & fridge (larger than some, and with a roomier freezer!). Jeremy also clued us in on the family restaurant next door. A room key will get you 10% off your meal. We skipped the free breakfast at the hotel because our dinner at the (Camino?) restaurant was so good we went back for breakfast! Overall, our brief respite in Socorro was a happy memory for our road trip!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Koestoer
econolodgenm066, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us and reviewing us. Good to hear you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to see you again next time in town. Thank you.