Lowest prices for your stay
Choice Privileges member rate available
Breakfast included
Get rewarded with One Key
paulc051
Chesterfield, United Kingdom

Best hotel of trip so far

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Sept 2017via mobile
We are on a 26 day road trip across the states. This hotel is the best we have stayed in so far. Situated next to a good 24 hour restaurant, near a subway, steakhouse and across road from Walmart.
Very large dual aspect rooms with all the amenities. Iron, fridge, microwave, separate bathroom and sink. Large tv. Very good breakfast included. Rate we got $65. Very good.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
econolodgenm066, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review
Responded 23 Sept 2017
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one
£146
0.0 miles from Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Exterior
42.0 miles from Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
View more hotels in Socorro
All reviews great value flat screen tv in town pool and hot tub hot breakfast comfortable room yogurt free breakfast nice stay microwave linens ac carpet chain
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Picked this hotel based on reviews and the Certificate of Excellence status. It was ok, but I would not give this hotel a 4 or 5 star rating. The AC’s thermostat was off which meant that we were hot most of the night. For “better and more modern rooms” as advertised this was a big detail. The room was clean but the carpet seemed dated and so did the shower section. The shower worked fine, but the curtain and tile areas showed some dirt and looked old. Plenty of towels, but no hair conditioner even though there was body lotion and shampoo. The klinex box was empty which was another important detail for me.

Refrigerator and microwave as well as a coffee maker and separate small table with chairs were a nice touch.

The bed was ok, but the pillows were all the same and none were too comfortable. Internet worked well and was fast. Breakfast was better than average with some nice pastries jam and fruits besides the usual waffle, eggs, cereal, yogurt etc.

The rooms in the back where I stayed are more expensive because they are considered suites (larger and more modern) and they are a bit quieter since they are in the back. Large parking lot in front of the rooms allows you to park if you are towing a trailer or rv like we were. The pool looked nice but was closed during our time at the hotel.

In general this was an ok hotel for $74 including a AAA discount. I expected better for a property with a certificate of excellence rating.

Room tip: The larger rooms in the back are more expensive but quieter and cars are closer the rooms. Check the AC/heater when you check in.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
econolodgenm066, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

This is one the nicest Econo Lodges I've stayed in. Though not new, the rooms are well maintained with some clear renovations. I had a suite, and the kitchen area was clearly new along with the bathroom sink counter. My king bed was very comfortable, and just overall a great stay. My only complaint is they have breakfast only until 8:30! So, I missed that but was told it's your basic continental fare. Why do hotels have such early times!? It's just continental so why not leave it out until 10 or 11, especially items that are kept in the fridge that's right there on the counter, or their pastries that aren't refrigerated? Either way, I'd come back to this location. Perfect location, central to everything with tons of services close by.

Trip type: Travelled solo
econolodgenm066, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our property with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you all again soon

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Older but well maintained in a convenient location for NM Tech. The lady I dealt with went way out of her way to handle a (my fault!) snafu in the reservations. Balconies overlooking the pool were pleasant. A rarity was the good lighting on the desk. I carry a small bag with books, puzzles and a craft project, so that is important to my aging eyes. Very reasonable rates,

Date of stay: August 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we hope to see you as a regular guest of our hotel!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I am only giving one star because the room was decent.

I stayed at this hotel for a convenient stopping place for the night. Me and my girlfriends slept for a few hours then hit the road to Alamogordo early the next morning. We ate breakfast at the diner next door and hit the road around 10 am.

When we checked in, the man up front had already charged my card. When I told him I had planned on using another card he said I told him to use the first one on the phone (which I did not) . I chalked it up as a misunderstanding. Also, the room total was higher than the price quoted on the phone.

The next day I noticed two charges but assumed one was an authorization. When both charges cleared, I called the hotel to see what the problem was. The clerk was SO rude. He told me that I got charged because the room was trashed and we did not check out until 2pm. I told him he had us confused and he said, for sure he did not.
There is no way we trashed the room, we barely opened our suitcases.

The clerk started hollering at me and told me to call the police if I had a problem with him. I have never been yelled at by a business. I am in shock that someone would be so rude to a paying customer. He told me to quit hollering at me when he was the one who was raising his voice. He finally agreed to refund the extra $85.55 that we were charged. HIs name is Richard and I've read on other reviews where he has been very rude to other customers.

This is my second horrible experience at an Econo Lodge. I will not be booking with them again.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank hannahsuz86

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Took a short quick trip to Socorro to visit the observatory & the NRAO Very Large Arrange, took a chance in this hotel... great option.. rooms super clean, very quiet, next to a good restaurant. Hotel is very well kept. It was a great value. The only bad thing was the service, front desk not very helpful.. I need more towels...suggested I walked to the laundry. Laundry made only has 2 towels to offer when I needed 3.
I clearly input that 4 people would stay the night.
This could be a great hotel....if service was improved.

• Trip type: Travelled with family