Lowest prices for your stay
Choice Privileges member rate available
tuzigoot30
Timnath, Colorado

A pleasant surprise

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Feb 2024
Our room was large, very clean and comfortable. Not fancy - it is an econo lodge - but nicely appointed and apparently recently remodeled. We had breakfast there and were taken care of by an engaging and efficient couple.
A great value. Stay there!
Date of stay: February 2024
    £88
    £87
42.0 miles from Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
View more hotels in Socorro
All reviews great value flat screen tv in town pool and hot tub hot breakfast comfortable room yogurt free breakfast nice stay microwave linens ac carpet chain
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 February 2024 via mobile

Large, recently renovated room with couch and large comfortable bed. Nice fridge.
Eggs and sausage breakfast. Friendly owners and maid. Good location. Our room was very quiet.
Plenty of parking by room. We would stay here again. Good price.

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2024

We stayed 4 nights while on a nature photography trip. When we pulled up outside, I was a little apprehensive. I am not a fan of an outside entrance, but check in process was smooth and the room had been recently remodeled. I checked the mattress, as is my usual procedure and it looked brand new. Sleeping was very comfortable. Love the hardwood look floors that most hotels are moving to in place of carpeting. Room was very clean. The most attractive feature of this hotel however is the staff. Very friendly and helpful, including the breakfast lady who brings your eggs and sausage to you from the kitchen. She was sweet! Breakfast has the usual offerings. Not a fancy hotel by any means, but for the low price we paid, we were very happy. There is a Walmart across the street and lots of eating spots in the area. Our favorites were Jackson Steakhouse and YoMama's which were a short drive away.

Room tip: Close to Bosque del Apache and Bernardo nature preserves.
Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2023 via mobile

For almost 15 years, this hotel has been our go-to for our winter commute between Colorado and Arizona. I’m a former frequent traveler and a Hilton lady. So, why 4-stars for a small town Econo Lodge?
• The king suites in the back are spacious, recently renovated (stylishly, I might add) and away from road noise.
• The hotel is pet friendly, and the large gravel parking area provides dog walking space.
• Vinyl plank floors are so much better than carpet.
• Rooms in the one-story sections of the hotel mean ground floor access with no upstairs neighbors.
• All rooms are away from interstate noise, but the back rooms are away even from the main drag noises.
• I’ve never had problems with noisy neighbors here. Other guests seem to be on a similar mission: get a good nights sleep, wake early and depart.
• Walking distance to the 24-7 El Camino.

Room tip: King suites in the back are spacious, quiet, away from road noise and have ample parking.
Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2023

We reserved two rooms at the Econo Lodge in Socorro for one night for Thanksgiving. My daughter made her reservation by calling the hotel directly. She gave the receptionist her credit card info to reserve the room. We later found that her credit card information had been used to send a local resident money. I contacted the Manager, Richard Torres to share this experience and his exact words were "there is nothing I can do. Call the police." I had additional information to share with him as I thought he would like to know if one of his employees is stealing from guests. He was very dismissive and unwilling to listen. His lack of concern for his guests will prevent us from staying there again.

Room tip: Do not make your reservation directly with the hotel as we have experienced suspicious activity doing so.
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2023

We looked online to find a motel/hotel to stay in Socorro New Mexico. We did find a room available and upon arriving at the Econo Lodge, checking in I did not think to ask at the front desk, which is my fault about room rates. Was not offered a receipt and the motel room came to $124 approximately. Websites showed the rooms to be more around 70. We don’t travel a lot, so this was a learning curve for me. First off we had to switch rooms because there were bugs in the first room. The rooms are very large and seems very clean, so we really appreciated that and the second room was good. Large parking lot out back was a plus. However, on the way back through to go home we stayed there again, needing the parking space. We had a pet this time and we were told around $152. I signed the ticket. That night I forgot to take my slippers so put my socks on to get up during the night. The floor was very dirty even though it appeared clean. When I got home, I checked my account and I was charged $177.00. When I called to talk to someone about it I was told that they were totally booked and we took the last room so it was supply and demand and that was why we were charge that much. Will never be staying there again.

Room tip: Be sure that you get a signed receipt. Never heard of being quoted one price, and then being charged extra after the fact
Date of stay: October 2023