“Reviews won me over!”

Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Description: "Best Burger in New Mexico" - USA Today. 5 Star serves hormone and antibiotic free Angus beef from Creekstone Farms, fresh ground daily and char grilled to desired temperature. We also offer specialty salads and sandwiches complimented by a great selection of beer and wine. Vegetarian and gluten-free options are available. Happy Hour food and drink specials 4-6 pm daily. Locally sourced produce and environmentally friendly packaging. Children's Menu.
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

We were in Red River and had to make a quick run over to Taos to go to the emergency room for a broken wrist. (Ski trip) We had to get lunch and this place was close to the hospital but honestly from the outside it didn't look like anything special. I would have completely passed it over had it not been to all the reviews I read online. It lived up to the reviews. So yummy and great prices. Family of 6 got out of there for less than $50. Can't be beat!

1  Thank Mistyeveduncan

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We were very hesitate when our Real estate agent suggested a burger joint for lunch. Especially since I'm a vegetarian. He insisted that their Veggie burger was excellent and he was right. The freshly made patty was huge and delish. My partner said his chicken sandwich was also very well done. The fries where fresh and hot with real potato taste. My only complaint would be that it was a tad expensive for a burger and fries.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We like to try as many places as possible when travelling, so it's rare that we return to the same one. This time we did - on the same day! For lunch we had burgers, one turkey with sage, onion and peach chutney, one beef with gorgonzola and crumbled bacon. Both were superb. No condiments on the tables and few people ask for any - the burgers are great with the toppings already mentioned (and other choices).

We were so impressed we returned for dinner, but this time, still full from lunch, had a quinoa salad and a Shanghai chicken salad. Again, excellent and very filling. Tried some NM pinot grigio with that. Hmmmm... okay, but NM won't be a big time wine power anytime soon.

The place was full of people for both meals. Deservedly so.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Great burgers for everyone. Beef burgers for the carnivores, portobello mushroom burger for the vegetarian, and lamb burger for the discerning palette. From the grand kids to the parents and the grand parents, all were delighted with the food. This is a busy, even hectic eatery, but the service was prompt and attentive. The top restaurant during a week in Taos and Santa Fe.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

One of the things that I liked about this cheese burger was the meat was excellent. 100% Angus meat that has no steroids or Antibiotics.

I love hamburgers and have eaten them from many different places, this is among the best that I have ever eaten. I was not disappointed. i thank my son and daughter-in-law for taking us for this special meal.

I recommend 5 Star Burgers to everyone. I personally am a cook, canner and I class myself as a connoisseur of good food. 5 Star Burgers gets an A + from me. I will eat there again.